• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

delayed promotion / back pay

coolbreeze

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question regarding back pay. I have just transferred from reg to res and because of that my quals entitle me to a promotion. In the mean time, I am working as the rank to which I was in the reg force. My question is this... Am I entitled to back pay retroactive to the day I transferred to the reserves? So far I have been recommended for promotion but that is all I have heard. I have went through the CFAO's etc but to no avail. Any info / suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Neil

I believe that when you say that you are "entitled to a promotion" that what you mean is that your qualifications have been accepted as meeting the required prerequisites for promotion.

Having the prerequisites is not the same as being guaranteed the promotion effective the earliest date they might be recognized.  You are still subject to the process to have your promotion approved by higher authority.  If you unit has made the case that it be backdated, and if the chain of command accepts that, and if it is within the authority of the commander to grant it, and if he actually does so, it could happen.  But don't buy that new truck based on the pay raise yet.

Back