• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

daily parade/exes for reserve?

EightPistons

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently a sig op in the communications branch, but I am thinking about switching over to the armoured side.  The armoured trade was not an option for me when I joined up because it simply wasn't a unit in my hometown, but I am moving to a new city for university next year, and it happens to be home to an armoured reserve unit.  I have quite a bit of information on the reg force based armoured trade, but I have only spoken to one former reservist from armour, and he has been retired for years.  I know duties vary from unit to unit...but would there be anyone around here that could tell me a bit about the composition of my duties versus a reg force member?  For example how much of my time would be spent on exes/in the field operating the vehicles for what they were made to do, and how much practical/class work would there be, and how much of my time would be alotted to maintenance/cleaning?  I will be in Alberta if this helps.  Thanks in advance for anyone that gives some time to my question.

Oh and also, sort of off topic to the thread, but are there any opportunities for deployment in the armoured reserve?  One of the things that I enjoy about being a sig op is the ample opportunity for tours.

With a little use of the Search Function and a little reading of the Armour Forums, you wouldn't have these questions.

Back