• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CZ buys Colt (including Colt Canada)

Troopasaurus

Reaction score
CZ has bought colt and its canadian subsidiary (Colt Canada). Wonder what this could mean for the pending pistol search and future weapons developments.

Cabelas and Tenda both have it listed at $1400.00 Is that a good price? Reviews on it seem to be very favorable.
CZ Shadows and Shadow IIs are very popular on the handgun competition circuit in the Production and Production Optics classes. They are also highly customizable.

Maybe they can start making the 550 again here in Canada... I want a 550 in .308, for those times I'm hanging upside down in a tree fighting off dangerous game and the 557 will get me killed lol.

Maybe they can start making the 550 again here in Canada... I want a 550 in .308, for those times I'm hanging upside down in a tree fighting off dangerous game and the 557 will get me killed lol.
I have no comprehension whatsoever of the gun stuff you said above, other than .308, but if you want a 550, then dammit, I want one too.

I have no comprehension whatsoever of the gun stuff you said above, other than .308, but if you want a 550, then dammit, I want one too.
CZ seems to have completely dropped the 550 series of rifles, which is disappointing to me, as I wanted a 550 in .308 to go with my 9.3x62 550.

The 550 series is based on a Mauser 98 action with controlled round feeding, so theoretically it will work no matter what position the rifle is in. The 557 is a filthy push feed, so if the rifle is not sitting upright there is a chance the round will fall out/not feed properly. For those occasions(we've all been there) when you're upside-down fighting off Lions/Tigers/Bears(oh my!) only a 550/CRF will do.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices of RSMs suddenly cried out in terror"
Its ok they are based off the CZ-75 which is basically a better Browning Hi-Power, that's how you sell it to them

Cabelas and Tenda both have it listed at $1400.00 Is that a good price? Reviews on it seem to be very favorable.
Prefer the old shadow 1 slide. Don't like shadow 2 slide, harder to grip. They still make crappy mags. Tanfo Mags are better.

IMHO Tanfoglio is the better CZ75 clone any way which is my preference. Although Tac CZ sport (orange) is a beast. Got to love my single action.
I shoot IPSC and USPSA and sometimes IDPA but usually its standard class 40 cal. To bad the guns can and always will outshoot me.

1400 is pretty reasonable for it. You can get sometime decent deals on cg-nutz. I never buy new any way :p

Back