• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

curently overseas...former member...need proof of reserve service with PLF

abunoah

Inactive
Reaction score
can someone please tell me how i can get any piece of paper to prove i served in the PLF, the dates of service, nature of job (infantry) etc.  i am married to an egyptian doctor now and we have a child, here there is a obligatory military service and if he isnt exempted he will need to leave his very good position, leave me and the baby alone here in this strange land and basically it will ruin our lives.  i just need this simple paper with a stamp or seal saying i served in the canadian forces etc to be sent by courier to me...what can i do, im unable to go to canada now to get it cuz my baby has not got his passport yet and im breastfeeding....plz help...i dont wanna be stranded alone in a country where i dont speak the language

If he has a commitment to his Gyppo military service, why do you need proof of your CF service if (?) and why don't you have the capacity to action this yourself. I can think of a number of ways just at the top of my head, but being honest, this whole thing sounds like a big (and a dirty great big) pile of fresh steaming buttshyte.

There will be a medical corps, even in the Gyppo army, its not as if he going to be a PTE in some conscript infantry unit for his time in.

Bullshyte factor 50/50  ::), and why have I even responded, it must be late and  I am tired I reckon.

Mods, before this thread really draws the crabs, it should be locked.

End of story.

My only advice is to go to the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate, explain your situation and ask for the documentation.  I don't understand how your Service will exempt another person from Compulsory Service?

it used to be that if an egyptian were married to a foreigner he would be exempted from obligatory service, however its not that way anymore, but if he can prove that i served back home in canada, they will exempt him for security reasons obviously.  i dont understand what the first poster finds so fishy about my situation but a simple email address of someone in the admin office of PLF would have sufficed.
yes, he will be posted to a physician /medical unit but the salary for all obligatory people is 70 egyptian pounds a month ... 20 dollars canadian...dont see how we can take care of our baby on that income??? not to mention the repulsive conditions considering he is not an army guy to begin with , plus he would have to sacrifice his current position as a lab manager and UN community medicine consultant and that would destroy the future we have started to establish.  i served PLF from 1997 - 2000 and i cant remember exactly, but i think there was a corporal smith working in the admin , she would probably remember me anyways if she is still there. i recall cpl. starky, sgt saunders and if i think long enough could prolly remember more if i thought about it deeply .  i know the ambassador of canada here, phillip mckinnon, i am the warden for the canadian embassy and attended a reception for wardens back in december at his official residence, but i dont think he personnaly can verify my service, as friendly as he seems, i will email him and ask.  i dont know if my mother can go to the armouries and pick up a statement for me? is there a way to get a copy of my pers file?  the difficulty for me is being over here its hard to get stuff done because  i cant go to the actual unit face to face u know what i mean? 

So you need "proof" that you/your husband ARE security threats?  :D

I thought our army was ass-backwards......

If you released in 2000, your file will no longer be with the PLF, it will be in the National Archives.  You will need to contact them.

thx a million, anyone know the website or contact info for the national archives? and once there how to get to the part of the website with that info? i think i found the site but not sure how to get to the part that would show that info???  is the info free? or i need to order something?
thx for the help

i found it...just have to mail in a request form and they will send it to me...thx again to the person above who sent me in the right direction. ive been looking for this info for a year!

Back