• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR

SmithKe

Inactive
Reaction score
I Know that the webpage for CSOR says something along the lines of they draw from all areas of the Canadian Forces, But I'm going to assume they have a preference MOC they choose from. I would imagine it to be a Combat trade, probably Infantry or Combat Engineer.

Am I right in this assumption? Would being an infantrymen or combat engineer, make one more likely to get passed selection whether its out of preference for a specific MOC or just the fact that someone from those trades would have a lot more experience with things CSOR would be doing as oppose to others in a different trade.

If I am right in that assumption which trade in your opinion would be the best to enter if ones end goal was to join CSOR.

Thanks.

SmithKe said:
I'm going to assume they have a preference MOC they choose from.

Don't assume.

CSOR will draw from the people who pass their selection process. "All areas of the Canadian Forces" means just that.

At this stage, your concern should be on meeting the requirements to join, followed by completing trade qualifications, and you can focus on meeting requirements for CSOR after you achieve that.

I think someone in another thread mentioned an RMS CLK was part of a selection group for CSOR as an operator, so based on that I guess they really do mean ALL areas...

Selection for operators is based on individual personal qualities, not the persons trade. That being said, if you are used to an army environment, it might not be as much of a culture shock as compared to say a cook whose worked in Shearwater for the last 6 years..... 

SmithKe,

Don't forget that these units also need support personnel (tradespeople that are very good at what they do) etc, so that is always something you can consider down the road as well depending on your MOSID.

CallOfDuty said:
  Selection for operators is based on individual personal qualities, not the persons trade. That being said, if you are used to an army environment, it might not be as much of a culture shock as compared to say a cook whose worked in Shearwater for the last 6 years.....

This was my interpretation from reading the site, and others weighing in here on the forum. Hence the reason for a selection process.

It's fine and dandy to want to aspire to win the cup. But it's infinitely more important to make sure you're the best prepared and most knowledgable you can be to help your team even make the playoffs.

So pick a trade you feel best suits you that you think applies to your strengths and worry only about making sure you can pull your weight in that capacity. I effectively know nothing of my selected trade beyond a website and some videos and a few personal accounts from family and friends as I have never worked a day of my life in that field . I'm more concernced about folding my underwear properly.

McD said:
It's fine and dandy to want to aspire to win the cup. But it's infinitely more important to make sure you're the best prepared and most knowledgable you can be to help your team even make the playoffs.

So pick a trade you feel best suits you that you think applies to your strengths and worry only about making sure you can pull your weight in that capacity. I effectively know nothing of my selected trade beyond a website and some videos and a few personal accounts from family and friends as I have never worked a day of my life in that field . I'm more concernced about folding my underwear properly.
You may be the most reasonable person I've met on the internet.

McD,

I would like to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th your comments.  I believe all of CANSOFCOM is looking for elite personnel with the right mental and physical attributes.  Not personnel who happened to have taken a particular course or career path.  Those specific skills can be taught after the fact.

Theres lots of successful dudes who've never experienced the army culture shock you speak of. Its all personality and attitude based.

Back