• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Courses in 2 week blocks? Pls Clarify

• Thread starter rolandstrong
  • Start date
R

rolandstrong

I am hoping someone can clarify this for me. I reserved this summer to do as much of my initial training as possible. I gave notice at my work, prepared for 3 months off, and found out that I can‘t get on course. It is not likely that I will be able to take this much time off for a number of years due to civilian work restrictions.

I understand that officer training programs can be done in 2 week blocks for reservists. I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Is this for all phases of training...BOTP to Phase III ?

2. Are courses run all year long... or just summer?

3. Can an officer do the weekend GMT that NCM‘s take...and do the leadership component later?

If anyone can clarify some if not all of these questions it would be much appreciated.

Officer candidates can take the BMQ with the NCMs, at their unit. Whether it is offered on weekends or not is up to the unit. You will then take a 6 day leadership course. The BMQ plus 6-day leadership course is equivalent to BOTP(R). This is what I did.

Phase 2 and 3 are now both offered in 2 week blocks. Talk to your unit‘s Operations Officer, or whoever is responsible for courses. He/she should have the schedule.

Back