• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contacting Recruiting Head Office about File Status

gashfaq

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether an applicant can contact the recruiting head office at Ottawa DIRECTLY about the status of his/her file?......if yes, how? and what is their email address?......I have got sick of requesting the recruiting office to let me know about the status of my file from the head office, or at least find out whether the AERE board meeting did actually take place or not, and what is the current need for AERE etc……….my file manager at the local recruiting center has no answers for my questions and  CANNOT find it out for me …..last week my file manager told me that since the head office guys are TOO BUSY with the current ROTP therefore we cannot contact them.

As there anyone else facing the same lame excuses from CFRC recruiting office like me?........applicants have no other choice but to be at the mercy of the file managers (my apologies from those who are really helping applicants in their employment) who cause real frustration when they are just simply in no mood of help and there is nothing an applicant can do about it.

Please note that my file is under process with the CFRC since Feb.2004 for a DEO position ……my first choice is AERE, I have 3 degrees (B.E., M.Eng., Business Diploma) and 11 years experience, I have passed ALL the steps in the recruiting process and I should be getting a reply from Ottawa soon.
Hoping for the last 2 years and 3 months!!

Applicants do not contact CFRG HQ, which is in Borden, directly.  If it is a centre politely ask to speak to the CO and if it is a Detachment politely ask to speak to the Detachment Commander.  Do this in person and not on the phone if possible.  This is your right and you are not at the mercy of the file manager.  If you use the same tone that you used in this post when you have asked for an update before I wouldn't be surprised you haven't heard anything.

Please note that my file is under process with the CFRC since Feb.2004 for a DEO position ……my first choice is AERE, I have 3 degrees (B.E., M.Eng., Business Diploma) and 11 years experience, I have passed ALL the steps in the recruiting process and I should be getting a reply from Ottawa soon.
Hoping for the last 2 years and 3 months!!
  and all that delay is solely attributable to the CFRC/D?

Thanks Kincanucks for the advice. I will give it a try.

Yes, all the delay could be attributed to the CFRC because I had submitted ALL the documentation with my application on-time. The biggest time delay was due to the fact that I have "foreign implications" because I was'nt born in Canada and have not lived in Canada for the past 10 years. I respect the security procedures of the CF and have no objection to that. My concern is that it has taken too long for me to get the final answer from the CF and on top of that if one get a no-response/no-help kind of attitude from your file manager then its everybody's guess how would you feel. In fact my application went in the processing queue after 4 months the first time I submitted it in Oct. 2003......the processing started in Feb 2004. Why?......are we short of staffing at the recruiting centres?

.....no, rather we are overstaffed, as pointed out by the Senate Defence Committee in the meeting with the Defence Minister last week.....did someone watch it on TV?. It was an interesting session about the changing role of the CF.

gashfaq said:
Thanks Kincanucks for the advice. I will give it a try.

Yes, all the delay could be attributed to the CFRC because I had submitted ALL the documentation with my application on-time. The biggest time delay was due to the fact that I have "foreign implications" because I was'nt born in Canada and have not lived in Canada for the past 10 years. I respect the security procedures of the CF and have no objection to that. My concern is that it has taken too long for me to get the final answer from the CF and on top of that if one get a no-response/no-help kind of attitude from your file manager then its everybody's guess how would you feel. In fact my application went in the processing queue after 4 months the first time I submitted it in Oct. 2003......the processing started in Feb 2004. Why?......are we short of staffing at the recruiting centres?

.....no, rather we are overstaffed, as pointed out by the Senate Defence Committee in the meeting with the Defence Minister last week.....did someone watch it on TV?. It was an interesting session about the changing role of the CF.

If a pre-assessment had to be done on you then that would have to be completed before any other processing could be done on you.  Pre-assessment take up to 18 months and longer.  The pre-assessment processing is not done by the CFRC/D so blaming the CFRC?D for your waiting woes is asinine.  Why the gap between Oct 03 and Feb 04 I have no idea as I am not familiar with your file however I suspect it was justified.  Remember you are not the only applicant applying to the CF and your file manager has many other files to look after.  My advice to you and because you sound like a problem applicant is to sit down with the Det Comd or CO and have them explain to you very slowly as to why you have had to wait so long.

.....no, rather we are overstaffed, as pointed out by the Senate Defence Committee in the meeting with the Defence Minister last week.....did someone watch it on TV?. It was an interesting session about the changing role of the CF.  Really? Every CFRC/D is overstaffed?  BS.

Back