• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

The trades that I am, Interested in is different than the one I am in right now. So can I ask for more than 1 trade when switching From Res to Reg Force?

TheSnake said:
The trades that I am, Interested in is different than the one I am in right now. So can I ask for more than 1 trade when switching From Res to Reg Force?

Yes, when you submit your application online, the form lets you enter 3 different trades.

Looking to transfer from PRes to Reg. I'll be done my BMQL as of may. Is it easier to get fully trained through my regiment then switch to reg? Didnt see any topic for this..might have missed it. Thanks all.

Hello,

I am actually Reserve MCpl.

I will finish my psychology degree in April 2020. 

I would like to apply for a component transfer Pres to Reg F (EDO) to become a Psel. ( It's too late for ROTP).

I was wondering if I can apply for a CT right now before finishing my degree. I was thinking about saving time with the long CT process. 

I dont know if you had already ear about people who had done that before ?

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english, I work hard on it ( I'm franco).

bearstonetwo said:
PRes RCEME 2Lt to RegF AEO or CE
Application submitted on December 2017 and haven't heard anything back since.
I do know a person who took five and half years to get an offer in my unit and hope that's not a case for me.
Just curious if there's anyone who is (or has been) in similar CT situation as mine? and how long did it take for you?
I am currently working as a quality assurance engineer on civvy side and tried army life and decided to join reg force.
But it is very hard to keep my military side with civvy job at the same time as courses like BMOQ-A got rid of mod system for reserve officers since 2016~17.
I would love to do my phase 3 in borden this summer but that will force me to quit my civvy job and there's no guarantee of job security once I come back from the course.
I put my CT in from Reserve NCM to Reg F - Officer in June 2019 and just recently received my you have been selected email. I find that following up 2 - 4 weeks with your broker gets you a response 1 week later on what the staus of your application is. I also had 2 friends who have CT from reserve NCM to Reg F NCM and their offers were given at the months 4 mark. They also followed up every 2 - 4 weeks with an email.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

So I got word from the broker that I was suppose to have the offer before the holidays but the questions that the broker  sent was to the wrong person in the OR, or that is what the Chief clerk said at least. So the answers where not returned back till after the holidays. The questions where like do I have upcoming charges that they dont know about am I still interested in Reg, etc. So I called my broker and he said that offer was suppose to be before the holidays but because it took so long to get the response he has to contact the gaining unit for a position number does any one have insight on this type of situation?

So I got word from the broker that I was suppose to have the offer before the holidays but the questions that the broker  sent was to the wrong person in the OR, or that is what the Chief clerk said at least. So the answers where not returned back till after the holidays. The questions where like do I have upcoming charges that they don't  know about am I still interested in Reg, etc. So I called my broker and he said that offer was suppose to be before the holidays but because it took so long to get the response he has to contact the gaining unit for a position number does any one have insight on this type of situation?

RyanJGautreau

Mike Bobbitt said:
  • You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Army.ca Staff

If you Release/Quit from Res with doing/passing BMQ and then release and then rejoining the CAF into a different trade do you have to re do bmq?

TheSnake said:
If you Release/Quit from Res with doing/passing BMQ and then release and then rejoining the CAF into a different trade do you have to re do bmq?

BMQ is "pan-CAF"...the real question is how long between release/re-joining and if the BMQ you did will equate to a "Recruit School Bypass" or whatever it is called now;  that would depend on when you did the BMQ.

Those types of PLARs are common, and would happen in the background when you applied to the Reg Force.

TheSnake said:

Typically speaking, your BMQ is good for 5 years.  Meaning if you get out of the military and then choose to rejoin, you should get a BMQ bypass as long as it is within 5 years.

That being said, there are other factors at play.  How long were you in for?  How qualified were you?  Any tours or operational experience?  etc etc.

As I said, TYPICALLY, the limit is 5 years. 

That may or may not apply to you, depending on your individual circumstances.  (For example, if all you ever did was BMQ and then get out, that limit may be less than 5 years, or may not apply at all.)  Best to consult your file manager prior to getting out, or with your file manager when rejoining.

Reserve infantry CPL here. I've been thinking, and I've decided five year plan to CT to 1 RCR.

So what exactly is the procedure, beyond putting in a memo? What courses do I need first? And do you need permission to live off-base or can you just go right ahead and buy a house?

Also, should I do PLQ (or whatever it's called this week) first before putting in a CT? Or would that be really, really bad?

I would not buy anything as just because you want 1 RCR does not mean you will go there. If 2 RCR needs troops more than 1 RCR you could end up in Gagetown or you might not even be offered to go RCR, you could end up being offered a position in the PPCLI. There is no reason not to do PLQ if you are offered it, it is a total force course so if you have the qualification it will transfer over.

I wouldn't buy anything in the Pet area before I had a definitive offer. But do you have to ask to live off base first?

Petawawa has barely any shacks available, I doubt they're forcing folks into them.

There is no reason not to do PLQ if you are offered it, it is a total force course so if you have the qualification it will transfer over.

My line of thinking is that it would come off as trying to game the system.

Also, I've recently done BMG. Is there any other Qual I would need before putting in a CT?

No course requirement. you can put in for CT and based on what you have completed they will grant your qualifications during the plar. It may be that you are transferred as an unqualified private slated for your first trade course.

Reserve infantry CPL here. I've been thinking, and I've decided five year plan to CT to 1 RCR.

So what exactly is the procedure, beyond putting in a memo? What courses do I need first? And do you need permission to live off-base or can you just go right ahead and buy a house?

Also, should I do PLQ (or whatever it's called this week) first before putting in a CT? Or would that be really, really bad?

I may have misunderstood you but, if I were you, I wouldn't wait 5 years. Go as soon as you can.

And be as fit as you can. My (reserve) troops who CT'd were always grateful that we put alot of emphasis on PT when it came time to go Reg F.

What I meant by five year plan is I intend on doing it within the next five years, not five years from now.

Back