• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Communications and Electronics Engineering ( CELE )

Good Day,

I had a couple of questions for any CELE officers or anyone who could provide me with answers to my questions. I have read all the threads about them that I could find on here and they were informative but I had a couple of questions that weren't answered on the threads or the forces.ca website.

1. What would a CELE recruit at RMCC expect to do during the summers for OJT? Where would we go and what would we do?
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Communications and Electronic Engineering Officers attend the Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics in Kingston, Ontario. Training lasts 19 weeks and covers the following topics:

The organization of the Communications and Electronics Branch
Communications Information Systems and airfield systems management
Advanced military communications and electronics theory
Communications Information Systems support planning for deployed operations
The deployment of Communications Information Systems equipment
Business management skills
The "Professional Training" I would expect to be after I finish my degree at RMCC or am I wrong?

2. I plan to take Computer Engineering is that a good choice for this trade?

3. I am interested in the security aspect of this trade, would I be able to enter within my area of interest?

4. I saw on the forces.ca website that they offer specialty courses, when would we do these? Is there a limit on how many of those we can do? If yes what is the limit?
SPECIALTY TRAINING
Communications and Electronic Engineering Officers may be offered the opportunity to develop specialized skills through formal courses and on-the-job training, including:

Air Operations Command and Control Information Systems course
Radio and satellite communications
Electronic Intelligence
Communications and network security
Cryptographic systems

5. What is typical career path I would go through? For example I would probably start out as a junior under a senior CELE officer in a Canadian air base. Could you provide me with a much more detailed pathway.

6. Would I be deployed with the army or navy? I know that the army had Signal officers but what about the navy? What kind of places can I be expected to b deployed to?

7. How fast/slow does a CELE officer climb through the ranks? How do their responsibilities change as they climb up the ranks?

8. Would I as a CELE officer be able to do the technical aspect of the job or would I simply supervise the NCM technicians do the work and direct them?

9. What is your typical Day as a CELE officer? I would like some details please.

10. If I leave the CF after however long I am there how valued will these skills be in the civilian IT industry?

I know these are a lot of questions and I would be very grateful if you could answer them for me.

Thank You
:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

P.S. This post was merged with another thread but that thread was inactive for the last 5 months so I created a new post. If the mod's are going to delete one could you please delete that one.

Thank You very much :sorry:

DarkPheonix said:
P.S. This post was merged with another thread but that thread was inactive for the last 5 months so I created a new post. If the mod's are going to delete one could you please delete that one.

You clearly don't know how message boards work. That CELE thread is inactive, but you posting there makes it active and makes it a lot easier to search for answers, instead of 15 threads asking the same questions. There's 4 pages of info there on CELE, and you should probably read it, as it likely answers all of these questions you have here. I'm positive I've seen all of them answered here before.

PuckChaser said:
You clearly don't know how message boards work. That CELE thread is inactive, but you posting there makes it active and makes it a lot easier to search for answers, instead of 15 threads asking the same questions. There's 4 pages of info there on CELE, and you should probably read it, as it likely answers all of these questions you have here. I'm positive I've seen all of them answered here before.

It may also act as an "indicator" that this person is not CELE material. 

And Merged once again......DarkPheonix......READ MORE - Post less.

Here, let me Google that for you.

PuckChaser
PuckChaser said:
I apologize for creating another thread, I hadn't though of it like that, I thought that since this thread had been inactive for 4-5 months it would be buried deep under all the other posts and that no one would look at it. I apologize once more for more my mistake.  :bowdown:

I also did read through this entire thread before posting these questions.

George Wallace
George Wallace said:
It may also act as an "indicator" that this person is not CELE material. 

And Merged once again......DarkPheonix......READ MORE - Post less.

Here, let me Google that for you.
I also apologize to you Mr. Wallace for creating another thread after it was merged once before, I did it for the reason I stated above.

Regarding the link you provided me with Mr. Wallace, I've already found them all and read them other than the "CELE - what's it all about? - Army.ca" and "CELE COURSE IN KINGSTON - Army.ca" and thank you for those links, but when I try to read the "CELE - what's it all about? - Army.ca" thread it says  "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." is there a reason for that or just a bug?

The questions I wrote were if I hadn't were if I hadn't encountered it on these forums or if I hadn't read a sufficient amount of detail regarding that subject. In hindsight perhaps question #8 was a pointless question as I'd already read answer to that on multiple posts but I would still like answers to the other questions if possible.

Thank You,
:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

First block of 4 look like they link to threads that have been deleted, or moved to the dead thread archive so only moderators can read them.

PuckChaser said:
First block of 4 look like they link to threads that have been deleted, or moved to the dead thread archive so only moderators can read them.

Actually, quite often when we merge topics, the link addresses are changed resulting in bringing up those messages. 

What are the options available for CELE trade - is it more about electrical/mechanical eng. ?
Does it have IT field /or it is more software related  ?
I heard CELE course training has higher failure rates in class?Is it tough ?

Has anyone started as CELE officer in Air , 2018?

May I ask IF anyone had an enrollment bonus for DEO ?

Thanks,

Hi, Mates!
May I consider this thread as the right one concerning the trade Communication Electronics Engineering Officers?
I did a search and this is the most recently updated from 2 other topics:
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81830.0.html#lastPost
https://army.ca/forums/threads/73745.0

I would like to ask if someone know what is the necessary level of clearance for this trade.

Back