• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT, Medical, and Interview

• Thread starter Thread starter CrazyCanuck
  • Start date Start date
C

CrazyCanuck

I had my aptitude test, medical, and interview this morning. I was interested in the reserve Sig Op trade.

It all went very well. I did well on the CFAT and I was prepared for all the interview questions. The problems began during my eye test. I know I am colour blind, but I was hoping for a CV2 level. Unfortunately, I failed both colour vision tests, so I am stuck with a CV3 level. As you may know, this limits me to a small number of trades. In my case, I am effectively limited to infantry, because that‘s the only other reserve unit in Kingston.

But the kicker is, my normal vision was too poor (V4) to become an infanteer. So basically, I‘m screwed.

*sigh* I guess I just wanted to get that out.

I‘m also looking for some advice/opinions: should I continue the process? I need to get a form signed by my orthodontist, and since he‘s two hours away that would be a hassle, and I still need to do my PT test. I don‘t want to just give up, but it seems kind of pointless, seeing I‘m not even sure there are any trades still open to me.

My advice would be to just continue until you are sure you have exhausted all options.

If you‘re sure that you‘ve met a dead end with all possibilities in your area, then the next thing to consider is if it would be worth the commute time to go somewhere else.
If it‘s not, then it‘s time to move on.

Just be sure you don‘t quit your effort out of frusteration, make sure that you try your best to get into something if it‘s what you really want to do.
Otherwise you may come to question and regret your decision, and always wonder if maybe you‘d just tried a little harder....

Thats my advice/opinion.

Is depending on ur interest. You can apply for other trade, like supply tech.

Or u can give it a try, and see what do they say. Before I had the vision test in some clinic, and the dr. said I have V2. I faxed my result to CFRC and they sent to Bordon. After the report was sent back form Bordon. The officer siad I have V3 and not V2. As the result, I had to go to the CFRC again for the testing, and the officer had to send my result to Bordon again. However, I still accepted for the trade, Med Tech.

me?

it is from my application pakeage, (Annex C - Medical Instructions for Applicants) That is the one the CFRC officer told me to fill it out by the doctor.

Originally posted by smoky:
[qb] Why do you need a letter from your orthodontist? [/qb]
Because I have braces I guess.

I figure I‘ll keep pushing on ... maybe a supply job will open up at my local unit. The PT test will give me an incetive to stay in shape anyway. :)

It‘s really bloody annoying though, especially since my aptitude test and interview went really well. :(

your not the only one out there with some barriers.
i had to get extra med clearance for some things in my early teens and it took me a couple weeks to get all the info and send it in.
meanwhile, i cant do my PT because im waiting to hear back from Borden.
but, while im waiting im not slacking or slowing down on training.

Originally posted by CrazyCanuck:
[qb]
Originally posted by smoky:
[qb] Why do you need a letter from your orthodontist? [/qb]
Because I have braces I guess.

I figure I‘ll keep pushing on ... maybe a supply job will open up at my local unit. The PT test will give me an incetive to stay in shape anyway. :)

It‘s really bloody annoying though, especially since my aptitude test and interview went really well. :( [/qb]
what I know is, I have a friend who is going to bmq, and she has V4. However, she is accepted for supply tech. Don‘t give up ;)

Ya, the only trades that appear to be open are supply tech and medic.

The really annoying thing is it‘s not something I can improve. I can work out, I can study, I could even get laser eye surgery ... but my lack of colour vision will be with me forever.

And my aptitude test and interview went so well. *sigh*

Originally posted by Intelligere:
[qb] The minimum standard for infantry is also CV 3. [/qb]
I don‘t know if I said it or not, but my regular vision is V4, which is below the infantry standard of V3.

So basically, I need new eyes.

Dude, never give up i had to wait three months because i had a sophisicated medical, Braces and Asthma...Try it all out see what options you have.

Count me in on the potential ‘barrier‘ issue. I had to get my Dr to fill out a letter re: me taking paxil. Anybody relate to this?

God..I understand what that was like, I didn‘t have visual problems but I did have some weird proteins(?) show up in my piss which wasn‘t at all cool. I put it down as rapid weight loss (which is was) but the med tech looked at me like a lepor for some reason so I went and did another medical in 8 months and all was good. Don‘t Give Up if you want it bad enough.

Back