• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Carl G

The ‘norm’ is probably different for many different operators. PKILL seems to have correlated fairly closely to a K-kill for folks who were highly motivated to aim for wherever they had to aim to make it work.

Remember tanks have blind spots. We had an old WO teach us about tank hunting - I think he might have been German.
Get into the blind spot and you can cripple a tank

Don’t forget the back blast of Carl. It’s quite spectacular and a big weapon signature

Tangential to the Carl G

And good news for Blackhats @TangoTwoBravo

The price of Javelins appears to be going up - Inflation?

309 MUSD for 1300 missiles works out to something like $240,000 USD apiece.

In 2002, a single Javelin command launch unit cost $126,000, and each missile cost around $78,000 (equivalent to $102,000 in 2022).[23] This is reinforced by the US Army's Fiscal Year 2018 unit cost for the Javelin weapon system, which put the unit cost at $206,705.[24] This is in comparison to the TOW 2 weapon system, which the same source put the unit cost at $83,381.[24]

Javelin - 240,000 USD
TOW2 - 90,000 USD
NLAW - 40,000 USD
AT4 - 1500 USD
CG84 Rd - 500-3000 USD

Hero-120 - . “The price per unit of one of our system is 60 to 80% less than that of an equivalent antitank missile,” The equivalent AT Missile wrt warhead is the Javelin - estimated cost 40 to 50,000 USD .

1 Javelin buys you three 40 km light vehicle mounted Hero-120s with video and three manportable 800 m NLAWs.

Or more then 100 Carl-G rounds.

Tangential to the Carl G

And good news for Blackhats @TangoTwoBravo

The price of Javelins appears to be going up - Inflation?

309 MUSD for 1300 missiles works out to something like $240,000 USD apiece.

Javelin - 240,000 USD
TOW2 - 90,000 USD
NLAW - 40,000 USD
AT4 - 1500 USD
CG84 Rd - 500-3000 USD

Hero-120 - . “The price per unit of one of our system is 60 to 80% less than that of an equivalent antitank missile,” The equivalent AT Missile wrt warhead is the Javelin - estimated cost 40 to 50,000 USD .

1 Javelin buys you three 40 km light vehicle mounted Hero-120s with video and three manportable 800 m NLAWs.

Or more then 100 Carl-G rounds.

You forgot one option:

Paratrooper with anti-tank mine: Priceless ;)

1652811570959.png

1652811610916.png

#tbt The Hawkins mine/grenade is 7 inches and weighs 2 pounds. Developed by the British but used wisely by US Army Paratroopers. They would strap it to the lower left leg as shown.⁣

When a vehicle drove over the grenade, it cracked a chemical igniter and leaked acid onto a sensitive chemical, which detonated the explosive. Multiple grenades were often used to destroy tanks or disable their tracks, and the grenade could also be used as a demolition charge.⁣

The grenade was designed so that it could either be thrown at a vehicle like an ordinary anti-tank grenade or used as an anti-tank mine. A number could be strung together in a 'daisy chain' at intervals of around two feet, and then placed across a road to damage an armoured vehicle. The Hawkins was also used in other roles, such as breaching walls. Its small size also meant that it could easily be placed into the 'web' of a railway line and when detonated could destroy a section of track.⁣

⁣Most recently the use of the Hawkins grenade was shown in the film “Saving Private Ryan”⁣
#tbt #airborne #airbornehistory

The loader was much gentler than I was taught to be...and they both seemed to communicate telepathically, which no infantry instructor would ever let anyone, grunt or WOG, do on a range or in practice...
Almpst dainty!

Back