• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]

Since we're on the subject of sleeve rolling.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLrahyKxA8

sidemount said:
The Canadian Flag is on the Left side so they aren't just ditching the Canadian Flag. If Navy Pers are in CADPAT, why not have the Ensign in place of the Div patch. If we are going all "patchy" what difference does it make.

Some with the Canada flag on the right side/arm as shown in this picture:

Xa7SNJF.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CAFOperations/photos/pcb.2447161661977801/2447160965311204

I've seen so many different variations since my post back in Nov that I really don't know what to make of it anymore.
Standardization seems to be right out the window, but I guess that doesn't matter these days.

For the RCAF folks, if you didn't know you should hear that the CADO (1-106) has been released for how things will be worn.  Looks like it made sense to me.  The 4 x 2 Cdn flag will only be worn on the left side, that includes the ECU, CCR (raingear)...not sure if the other environments and commands are adopting the same standard.

Eye In The Sky said:
For the RCAF folks, if you didn't know you should hear that the CADO (1-106) has been released for how things will be worn.  Looks like it made sense to me.  The 4 x 2 Cdn flag will only be worn on the left side, that includes the ECU, CCR (raingear)...not sure if the other environments and commands are adopting the same standard.

Is that the one that authorized, then de-authorized, the wings on sleeves of new CADPAT?

Dimsum said:
Is that the one that authorized, then de-authorized, the wings on sleeves of new CADPAT?

Nope, they are authorized on both the ECU and the CCR (Converged CADPAT raingear).  The patches auth on the raingear are the exact same as those on the newer CADPAT (ECU), which is para 18 of the CADO.

Air Force personnel with the flag on the right side:

Sqrd9VD.jpg

https://www.stripes.com/news/canadian-troops-in-bahrain-bust-drug-runners-on-the-hash-highway-1.566363

OceanBonfire said:

Sqrd9VD.jpg

That's OK. They're in the Middle East where, you know, they read Arabic from right to left :)

Maybe they think they're still in KAF? Or they forgot their IFF?

Although technically they do have the flag on the left...

OceanBonfire said:

Sqrd9VD.jpg

OceanBonfire said:

CJOC has...different DIs than the RCAF.  I wasn't allowed to wear my Heraldic crest when I was cut over to CJOC; it's not an optional badge in the CADO IIRC.

Then there's that Ch 1, Para 8 stuff from CFP 265... :whistle:

8)

Eye In The Sky said:
Ok, I'll just leave this one here...https://www.facebook.com/saceur/photos/a.1691482787768602/2189059468010929/?type=3&theater

So the stars are for the Americans to know he's a Major General? They can't figure that out with the two leaves?  :facepalm:

Eye In The Sky said:
Ok, I'll just leave this one here...https://www.facebook.com/saceur/photos/a.1691482787768602/2189059468010929/?type=3&theater

Absolutely disgraceful.  Not only is it insulting for the CAF to be "Americanizing" it's uniform, it also doesn't say much about the intelligence of our allies, that they can't figure out other nations' rank insignia.

Pusser said:
Absolutely disgraceful.  Not only is it insulting for the CAF to be "Americanizing" it's uniform, it also doesn't say much about the intelligence of our allies, that they can't figure out other nations' rank insignia.

When we hide in the elephant's shadow, we shouldn't be surprised when we can't see the light. :)

Pusser said:

In true Canadian fashion, we probably took that idea off the Brits who did it in Desert Storm (I think).

Dimsum said:
In true Canadian fashion, we probably took that idea off the Brits who did it in Desert Storm (I think).

I believe 13 Brigade wore both Canadian and American badges of rank in the Aleutian campaign in 1943.

EITS, in your haste to point out the oppression of the proletariat, you forgot to highlight Para 6 in your extract from the 265...you know, the part where Gen Vance authorizes LGen Rouleau (a Commander of a Command) to apply a policy as operationally appropriate, whereby CAF elements are appropriately identifiable in an operational (coalition in this case) environment. People can get all hot under the collar and insinuate that MGen Fortin is just making s*** up, but you’ll probably see such policy-compliant (Para 6 and Section 5-D-2 again) accommodation in coalition environments to aid others to clearly understand positional/rank structure. Just because MGen Fortin has the same number of leaves on his slip-on doesn’t mean that coalition members understand a Leaf and a star has a direct 1:1 mapping (although leaves are more intuitive to a wide coalition audience than swords, crowns and pips were.  I do hope you get the opportunity in a theatre town hall or the like to state your discontent of his application of the CFP265 to LGen Rouleau.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
EITS, in your haste to point out the oppression of the proletariat, you forgot to highlight Para 6 in your extract from the 265...you know, the part where Gen Vance authorizes LGen Rouleau (a Commander of a Command) to apply a policy as operationally appropriate, whereby CAF elements are appropriately identifiable in an operational (coalition in this case) environment. People can get all hot under the collar and insinuate that MGen Fortin is just making s*** up, but you’ll probably see such policy-compliant (Para 6 and Section 5-D-2 again) accommodation in coalition environments to aid others to clearly understand positional/rank structure. Just because MGen Fortin has the same number of leaves on his slip-on doesn’t mean that coalition members understand a Leaf and a star has a direct 1:1 mapping (although leaves are more intuitive to a wide coalition audience than swords, crowns and pips were.  I do hope you get the opportunity in a theatre town hall or the like to state your discontent of his application of the CFP265 to LGen Rouleau.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

I was going to say something along the lines of "Bro, chill" but you did it much better.

The black on tan is the new deal as a High Vis system for the Arid uniforms. They are available for all ranks and elements. You can see everyone involved with CTF150 in Bahrain wearing them, from Corporal to Commodore. However, just like the initial rollout of the Army High Vis rank and nametapes, there is not enough to go around for everyone.

Additionally, that photo ETIS posted of the RCAF Commander and his Chief giving the Door Gunner badge, they were coming from Canada, wearing whatever they had issued to them. Comd RCAF had lost his luggage and borrowed a uniform on the ground. There were no rank insignia or nametapes available to him.

LunchMeat said:
...Additionally, that photo ETIS posted of the RCAF Commander and his Chief giving the Door Gunner badge, they were coming from Canada, wearing whatever they had issued to them. Comd RCAF had lost his luggage and borrowed a uniform on the ground. There were no rank insignia or nametapes available to him.

Absolutely, LM! Comd RCAF and I went through basic training together a few years ago...you won’t find a “straighter arrow” in the whole CAF than LGen Meinzinger.  That said, I bet you his ADC will always have a back-up set of name tag and slip-on from now on. ;)

Regards
G2G

Since the CFP-265 is widely regarded as the most kept-up-to-date document in the CAF, you must be right that LGen Rouleau has no authority.  This is indeed a travesty and really should be a key item for the CDS’ daily OGp, leaving lesser important issues such as Departmental responses to ATIP requests and recruiting and retention to be addressed at a later date.

[/sarc]

G2G

Back