• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I speak with recruiters online?

penteyrn

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello out there!

I'm in a mildly remote location and am potentially interested in applying to the forces (I have my bachelor's degree so I was considering as an officer). I have some questions, and was hoping for more information (I appreciate what there is, but after reading things online there are still gaps in my mind's eye). It seems, from reading things here, that my only clear option is to speak to a recruiter. Unfortunately, the closest recruitment office is only open during limited hours during the week (business hours) and it represents a day trip to go out there. I'd be happy to book time off if I were more certain, but at this stage I just have more questions.

Do any of you know how happy recruiters are to answer questions and communicate over email?

Thank you for your time and thank you for serving!

Sincere regards!

Yep!

Just email them:

Jobs@forces.ca

You will be able to chat directly with recruiting staff. They are usually very easy to talk to and respond in about 1-3 days.

I have had most of my questions answered through e-mail with my recruiter in New Westminster. It was very hard to get a hold of anyone through phone.

As far as them being happy about answering questions, I can't answer that for you. But if I was answering questions all day, I'm pretty sure good questions would irritate me less than ones with answers right on www.forces.ca

I can only speak of my experiences with my own CFRC (Hamilton, ON) and the personnel I've been in contact with there. I don't recall ever speaking with anyone who was short/impatient or who couldn't direct me to the appropriate individual to address my questions.

Once my application had been approved for further processing and I was assigned a specific file manager, he had his own preference for communication, which was email. (My file has recently been assigned to a new file manager and he prefers email also.)

Call your local/the nearest CFRC and ask to speak with someone regarding 'x' questions if you haven't been able to locate the answers on your own (this site & comments above...) They may or may not direct you to a MCC, depending on the nature of your specific inquiries. If they do, ask the MCC if he/she would be willing to communicate via email if you are unable to make it to the centre. I think it ultimately depends on the specific individual as to what their preferred method of communication would be.

Personally though, if this is a career option you're seriously considering, I'd make arrangements to head in and speak with someone face to face. Since there's considerable traveling involved (based on your post) have your questions listed so you don't forget any of the main points you wanted to discuss. Chances are, with the information being exchanged it will likely lead to further questions, which may distract you from your original ideas. You wouldn't want to get back home realizing you neglected to mention some issues that were important to you.

My new friends, I thank you for your responses. Please, have a wonderful day!

Back