• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Cordura Available

Matt_Fisher

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I spoke with a buddy of mine in Vancouver who informed me that Dave's Army Surplus in New Westminster, BC has a quantity of 1000denier Cordura Cadpat material for sale.  This is great news for any of you that are into making your own gear, or had some custom projects in mind, ie. Cadpat Kifaru rucks, SO Tech vests, HSGI chest rigs, etc.

Contact info for Dave's Surplus is:

Dave's Surplus
742-12th St.
New Westminster, B.C
V3M 4W5

Tel: 604-524-5867
Fax: 604-524-5852

Email:  martin@davesarmysurplus.com

Just so people know the info Matt got was incorrect unfortunately.

"Sorry but the Cadpat Cordura we do have is not for sale as we use it for our custom work.

Yes we do sell a bit in the store but it is a 2nd and the color is a bit off on most of it.

Daves Surplus"

That was posted on the Lightfighter forum by somebody from Daves Surplus. Sucks.

Well there goes my plan to order some and have a Cadpat thong made up. :eek:

My apologies, as Tacsit pointed out, I spoke too soon without contacting the source myself.  That's what happens when you're online later in the evening after you've put a few beer downrange and have that sudden stroke of genius, which turns out to be not so genius later on.

Danjanou, while your plan for the Cadpat thong has gone out the window, I do know for a fact that Dave's Surplus does have cadpat mini-skirts.  Maybe you could just go with the miniskirt and forego underwear completely... :eek:

Danjanou said:
Well there goes my plan to order some and have a Cadpat thong made up. :eek:

ROFLMAO :'( I'm laughing so hard

that was good, oh, man, just ouch. :eek:

Matt_Fisher said:
Danjanou, while your plan for the Cadpat thong has gone out the window, I do know for a fact that Dave's Surplus does have cadpat mini-skirts.   Maybe you could just go with the miniskirt and forego underwear completely... :eek:

Matt, I'll run it by the wife and see what she says.

ToRN, thank you, thank you very much. I'lll be here all week..... try the fish ;D

Regarding the stuff that Dave's does have, I picked some up, and while it is seconds, you can barely tell.   It looked pretty good to me, the borders betwen the colours were just a bit 'fuzzy', not the crisp, sharp lines that the regular stuff has.   And it is not cordura, either, but it is definitely thicker than the stuff that the uniforms are made up of.

I picked up a chunk that was 5' by 15' (I think, it is still in my closet, waiting for me to make something out of it   ;D), and it was quite cheap, I think $15.

qjdb said:
I picked up a chunk that was 5' by 15' (I think, it is still in my closet, waiting for me to make something out of it   ;D), and it was quite cheap, I think $15.

The thong is back on.  :eek:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :) not the thong.   CADPAT is so hard to look at to begin with, but a thong?

<shudder>

Anyways, I am home now, so the chunk of seconds that I got is ........

5' x 7'. and I think that it was for sure $15

I seem to remember him saying that it was $2 a foot.

Oh, and as far as colour is concerned, the colours seem to be a bit off, but not noticable, but there is more black than the uniform that is hanging in my closet, and maybe a bit less of the light green.  And, like I said before, it is less 'structured', more 'fluid', than the good stuff.

So, seeing as how I just bought it on the spur of the moment, anyone got any ideas on what to make with it    ??? ?

It's Manzier, BTW remember there were a bus load of German tourists in that episode.

(Recovering Sienfeld Addict)

Well nice to see yet another thread gone completely off topic. ::)

Back