• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boatswain Recruitment

J.Harris

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents, can anyone tell me if the CF is currently recruiting Boatswains? I am going to apply soon and I am a little worried now that it might be filled. I know I can find out this information by going to the local recruitment centre, but I can go until Wednesday and would like to know this ASAP in case I have to start thinking about a different trade to apply for.

Thank you very much for your time and any information

So, the wait it works is that even if they are recruiting today, that doesn't mean they are still recruiting next week. So none of us can really give you any useful information about whether they are hiring for that position or not. Even if you apply today, the recruiting center isn't going to check if they are going to process your application until a couple weeks from now.

If you are just trying to get in the Canadian Forces ASAP, then yes you should definitely consider other trades. The trades you apply for, don't have to be the trades you get hired for. You shouldn't apply for something you really wouldn't accept a job in and give your best effort on, but if you apply for something and later on decide you only want Boatswain, you can always remove the other choices.

It's a long recruiting process. If you are serious about joining and think you have your life in order to do it, then just fill out the application and wait to see what the response from the virtual recruiting center is. If you just apply for Boatswain, and they aren't hiring for them when they get to your application, they will tell you to consider other choices/apply later/consider reserves. Even if you only apply for Boatswain, and they are hiring lots of Boatswains over the next 5 months, there is still no promise you can even complete your testing/interview/background checks etc by then.

Me and a bunch of other people I know are over 5 months in to the application process, and still waiting for Medical to be approved, and still have our interview to do after that. The trades we applied for are "closed" now, even though they were hiring like MAD when we first applied.

So I would just check out all the other trades that might interest you, there are lots of great Navy jobs out there if that's what interests you. If you could see yourself doing others, apply for those in addition to Boatswain. If you do more research later or find something you don't like about it, just tell the recruiters you want it removed.

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I will just apply and hope for the best. Best of luck to you

I'm actually heading into Hamilton Recruiting center tomorrow for my medical and interview. My main choice was Boatswain. Which is what I want. I emailed Ottawa recruiting center which I believe is the main recruitment center about a week ago to ask if i would make the selection date for boatswain. The PO replied back that yes Boatswain is still open, however due to possible delays with the application process I may not make the selection date.

So I would think if your just applying now you would have to wait until the next round of hires for boatswain. If your thinking of applying for it, do it now. Who knows maybe half the boatswains they send off to BMQ will drop out, and it might reopen again sooner rather than later.

Best of luck to you

Thank you very much for that information, Washy! I hope it all works out for you! Take care

Back