• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ / BMOQ - Personal Electronics during course [MERGED]

Hello everyone, just wondering if we are allowed to bring our cell phones while on BMQ?...Im not looking to sit on Facebook and take selfies all day, I just need to be able to check my email periodically. While I do look forward to joining the reserves, I have a wife in university and 2 kids that I still need to financially provide for and may need to forward a work email quickly every now and then. 

Kaniff said:
Hello everyone, just wondering if we are allowed to bring our cell phones while on BMQ?...Im not looking to sit on Facebook and take selfies all day, I just need to be able to check my email periodically. While I do look forward to joining the reserves, I have a wife in university and 2 kids that I still need to financially provide for and may need to forward a work email quickly every now and then.

Yes you can. They'll probably be taken away for a little bit, there will be a lot of complaining and crying. You'll eventually get them back.

Question for you though, what happens if you're deployed overseas and you can't check your email for a month where you're going?

The concern is only for the next 17 months while my wife is still in school. Once she is out and has a job, my loss of income will be less of a sacrifice.

Back