• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

bad runner

Well I must say there Para, I agree with the no standards deal.... and yes each person joining should check on the type of tests that they will be doing at the recruiting office that they are going to... thats where the will find the correct info, some offices are different. For instance I remember doing the step test at the office but had to do the shuttle run in Quebec... two totally different tests.... I wasent a good runner then but with no choice of my own I became better... I mean I completed the mountain man this year... for you whom do not know, its a 52 km (32lbs)ruck sack run... well 10 km was canoe... 3.2km was portage which is 120lbs on your back running (well trying too LOL). But you will learn and nothing beats training and never giving up....and regards to the 2.4 km standards (for the noobs) they are only minimum guide lines... but try to be able to do atleast 5km comfortably... in 25-35 minutes and still be able to speak and not wanting to pass out. I do it in 27 minutes.... I am not the greatest runner but not the worst either. And I believe someone was talking about a tread mill... I wouldnt base my training on that.... running on road and on a mill, well to diferent worlds. Good luck ... "ignorance is no excuse" get informed.

Cpl 1 RCHA

Back