• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Augmentee staff for Infantry School Courses

chriscalow

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all, I recieved my claim and travel orders to go to the Infantry School for a tasking in the new year.  The package came with joining instructions, but had no annexes.  Basically I am looking for a kit list. 

The course I am to be working with is BIOC DP1.2  it states that augmentee staff will have the same kit as candidates for the BIOC.  Is there anyone who has this list?  I've asked around at my unit, and around base and no one seems to have anything official.  I understand that reservists going on these taskings get a fairly detailed joining instruction, do any of you have a list you can share with me?

Lastly, are there any other members on this board who are working this tasking?  Might be good to get in touch a bit so we can have some friendly faces when we get there.

Thanks all.

Happy holidays and Pro Patria!

I would suggest as a min you take all your field gear including winter whites. If you are flying I would suggest you send your kit via CMTT.

I was hoping to do the CMTT thing, but I've been on TMST and haven't been able to really link up with the clerks at all.  It's been a very hasty tasking, sort of last minute.  I'm not too worried about hauling all the kit and paying if I have to.  I just don't want to be bringing things I won't need.  I like to pack light if you know what I mean.  But thanks for the fast reply brother.

If you can access the DWAN, the kit list is at:

http://armyonline.kingston.mil.ca/LFDTS/143000440020153/KIT_LIST0.DOC

More course information is at:

http://armyonline.kingston.mil.ca/LFDTS/143000440020153/Default.asp

I'm assuming you're working with a winter serial. I can't believe they're running another winter DP 1.2, there are already Lt's waiting a year or more to commander a platoon, and they're all like 32 years old.

You'll be riding in a LAV and trying to store your shit in the back, so I suggest coming down to D57 to buy a compressible winter Snugpak sleeping bag and Snugpak Sleeka jacket. A good pair of insulated Gore-tex combat boots, Gore Windstopper gloves, fleece toque and ballistic goggles (maybe) would help. You likely won't do much while the students are in class so bring a laptop or DVD player.

Lastly, if you're an augmentee then make sure you're in good shape so you aren't dead weight to the students on the course. To keep it simple, run a -25 min 5km and march a -2hr BFT.

Right on guys, thank you, looks like I have what I needed.  Have a good holiday season. 

Garett said:
I'm assuming you're working with a winter serial. I can't believe they're running another winter DP 1.2, there are already Lt's waiting a year or more to commander a platoon, and they're all like 32 years old.

That's a pleasant thought to motivate us through the course ;) We've been told to expect that, however most of the candidates for this serial have been on OJT all over the place since August - frankly I think most of us would rather be waiting around as badged Lts than our current lot in life.

Back