• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army's Summer Program Help

WebAddict

Inactive
Reaction score
I am interested in joining the canadian armys summer program. I heard u get payed around 5000 or something. I am 15 and I have an everage of 90 in high school. Can i get more information?

if you are 15 you cant join.... you have to be 16 at least, with parental consent

Hi i would like to join your canadian army summer program i am 18 years of age i am fit and i always wanted to do something related to the army and it is my dream to join the army so if u could tell me how to join the summer program that would be great and can u join online thank u

Yeah, the CF always recruits online. There are no interviews that need to be conducted or anything like that.

Seriously though, go to your nearest recruiting center and they will point you in the right direction

WebAddict said:
I am interested in joining the canadian armys summer program. I heard u get payed around 5000 or something. I am 15 and I have an everage of 90 in high school. Can i get more information?

Yeah what is this program?

First of all.  You have to be 16 or older, Min of grade ten (prov of ont) or equiv.

Secondly, it's not a program.  It's recruiting for the summer BMQ and SQ serials.

Get in touch with you local CFRC or Reserve unit for more details.

Love793 said:
First of all.   You have to be 16 or older, Min of grade ten (prov of ont) or equiv.

Secondly, it's not a program.   It's recruiting for the summer BMQ and SQ serials.

Get in touch with you local CFRC or Reserve unit for more details.

Ahhh i see now, yeah i was thinking that i had never heard of anything like that!

the thing is i don't no where my nearest recruiting center is i live in nova Scotia lunenburg. but am i guaranteed to get in if i could find one?. and what do they do all in this program?.and like i said i don't no where my recruiting center is and i really want to do this so if u would write me back about this that would be great    thank you

tylor123 said:
the thing is i don't no where my nearest recruiting center is i live in nova Scotia lunenburg. but am i guaranteed to get in if i could find one?. and what do they do all in this program?.and like i said i don't no where my recruiting center is and i really want to do this so if u would write me back about this that would be great     thank you

Call 1-800-856-8488 and someone can tell you where the nearest reserve unit is to you.

OK now i got one more question what do i need to get in this program how old and what kinda of education tell me everything i need be for i call

you have to be at least 16 and have a minimum of a grade 10 education.. i dont know what it is outside of ontario but im assuming its the same thing?

why dont you just call the recruiting center? its not like theyre going to scream at you for not being clear on requirements and watever else you want to know.. thats what they are there for.. just call and find out for yourself

OK last thing i only got grade 9 and i am 18 do i need grade 10 just answer that and i ain't gonna bother u anymore sorry for all the questions

tylor123 said:
OK last thing i only got grade 9 and i am 18 do i need grade 10 just answer that and i ain't gonna bother u anymore sorry for all the questions

You need Gr 10!

OK cool i will get my grade 10 then i will see you i hurd u get 5000 dollars for doing the program is that true

tylor123 said:
OK cool i will get my grade 10 then i will see you i hurd u get 5000 dollars for doing the program is that true

Call the 1-800 number.

Okay.

*takes deep breath*

Since you have proven yourself to be too lazy to read the Recruiting FAQ, I will spell out the basic information just for you.

This so-called "summer program," as you call it, is army basic training, to be more precise, two courses: BMQ (Basic Military Qualification) and SQ (Soldier Qualification). To participate in it, you have to, guess what, join the military. You go through a (occasionally prolonged) application process, and if you're lucky enough get through it without any major difficulties, you become a member of the Canadian Forces.

To do this, you need your grade 10, you need to be 16, as well as you need to be a Canadian Citizen, but you could have found this out simply by reading the Recruiting FAQ.

Since you speak of a 'summer program,' I am assuming you mean to join the Reserves. Now, the Reserves are a part-time deal, but they are still part of the Canadian Forces. You usually work one evening a week and a weekend or two a month with your unit, in addition to summer training. Since kincanucks graciously provided you with a number to call to find out more information, more specifically, which reserve units are in your area, I suggest you do so.

Have a nice day.

he keeps asking about the money..

the way he puts it i take him as the kind of guy whos going to do BMQ and then quit right after he gets his cash

Back