• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armyrick's Land Healing Farm...

@suffolkowner @OldSolduer yes my cattle are pure bred (many registered) Dexter cattle. My sheep are North Country Cheviots and North Country Cheviot-Romney Crosses.
Irish cattle and Scottish sheep. Don't be praising England on my farm, these hooligans will beat ya.
What made you decide to go with purebred over non purebred and Dexters in particular?

What made you decide to go with purebred over non purebred and Dexters in particular?
I selected Dexter cattle in 2013 when I could only rent a run down 10 acre hayfield to start. Dexters are the smallest cattle breed and put on weight easy. So hence Dexters.
By keeping the breed pure, it gives me an extra market to sell registered stock (through CDCA). Unlike the USA, Canada has very high standards for livestock breed purity (the Canadian Livestock pedigrees act).
Dexters you have to be careful. The bulls can breed any other breed and results in very easy calving. If you breed almost any other breed bull to a dexter, your probably going to have to pull the calves. I pride myself on running a genetic line that has no issues calving and thrives on almost anything green.
I get lots of compliments on how beautiful our Cattle are from mainstream beef producers and the uneducated. Our farm runs on a healthy plants from well managed soil (needs bacteria and fungal NOT chemical fertilizers) feed healthy ruminants which leads to healthy people.

I can't figure out how to resize our pics otherwise I would show you our cattle on here. @OldSolduer has seen my stuff on FB. Feel free to drop by my callsign (Rick Waechter) on FB and have a peak.

I know guys who do this to deer skulls they are setting up for an Euro mount.

Bury it in the ground antlers out and let nature clean off the bone.
I compost the cattle skulls in wet manure for 2-3 weeks, then pull out the skulls, remove the horns before they get destroyed and then rebury in wet manure for another 2-3 weeks. Then power hose them clean (bovine skulls have very complicated sinuses and skull cavities), sun dry them. Then die them and/or attach the horns, voila, decorative piece.

I compost the cattle skulls in wet manure for 2-3 weeks, then pull out the skulls, remove the horns before they get destroyed and then rebury in wet manure for another 2-3 weeks. Then power hose them clean (bovine skulls have very complicated sinuses and skull cavities), sun dry them. Then die them and/or attach the horns, voila, decorative piece.

Do you sell online ?

Lemme talk to Mrs ArmyRick's wife and see if she can sort out pictures to post online. She has a Bsc in Comp Sci from York (Communist) U and is much better at the tech shit than me. Yeah, my wife graduated from like the most commy, left wing university out there.

On the note of hides, if you have never fleshed out a cow hide, you have no idea of how much stinky exhausting fun your missing out on.

I've never done any hide work on any animal. I've done lots of gutting, skinning and butchering though.

Lemme talk to Mrs ArmyRick's wife and see if she can sort out pictures to post online. She has a Bsc in Comp Sci from York (Communist) U and is much better at the tech shit than me. Yeah, my wife graduated from like the most commy, left wing university out there.

Meanwhile, at Simon Fraser University - my alma mater ;)

1687194801476.png

Back