• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army reserve officer? - Armoured

pteJ

Inactive
Reaction score
Currently I'm an NCM and I want to switch to an Officer.

Currently I'm in a Canadian Civi University. How do I go about the process to become an OCdt?

Thanks.

pteJ said:
Currently I'm an NCM and I want to switch to an Officer.

Currently I'm in a Canadian Civi University. How do I go about the process to become an OCdt?

Thanks.

Don't take my advice as professional advice but maybe you could transfer to RETP through the DIN or talk to your orderly room? Or you could just do your years at Uny and apply for the $2000 a year reimbursement and then after your done your education apply for a transfer to officer.

SevenSixTwo said:
Don't take my advice as professional advice but maybe you could transfer to RETP through the DIN or talk to your orderly room? Or you could just do your years at Uny and apply for the $2000 a year reimbursement and then after your done your education apply for a transfer to officer.

If this wasn't the military, that advice MAY be sound, but this is the military and one does not use their initiative quite like that. 

Go see your Chain of Command and discuss your intent.  If they think you are a suitable candidate they will initiate the process.  This will require some work on your part.  You will likely have to start off with a brief discussion with your Chain of Command, which will result in them asking you to submit a MEMO requesting what you want and justifying it.  You will likely have to sit in front of an "Officer Selection Board" at your unit and the wait for their decission.  Once you have gone through all those hoops, you will then be selected/or not. 

Talk to your Chain of Command and find out your options.  There may not even be any openings for new officers.

As an NCM, you can still apply for your Education Reimbursement.

When I attempted to apply, I notified my section commander of my intent. Next, the section commander took me to the platoon commander, platoon WO, and the recruiting officer to discuss the details further. I was told to submit a resume and a cover letter addressed to the CO and the Adjutant and await notification for an officer board

Back