• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are there photos of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers?

V

Veteran`s son

Hello

Are there photos of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers during World War 2?

If so, where would I write to ask about these photos of the 18th Field Company, RCE?

I ask this as my dad was a Sapper in this Field Company during World War 2.

http://hometown.aol.com/reubique/index.html
Its a start

I know this original post was posted a long time ago, however I do have a picture of the whole company taken in England in 1941. My grandfather Francis (Frank) Henry Jones was in this Company and I would be happy to share a copy of this photo with you. If you would like a copy please send me an e-mail and we can work out how to get it to you.

Denise Jones

Here are some pictures.

Captions:

3200959  An unidentified member of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E.), leans out of his jeep to read a sign which states, “Spend your holidays in the Nijmegen Salient”, Nijmegen, Netherlands, 24 November 1944.

3191657  Sapper C.W. Stevens of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E.), using a mirror to locate the igniters underneath a German Teller mine, France, 22 June 1944.

3524777  Personnel of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E.), constructing a Bailey bridge to enable The Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders to cross the Schipbeek Canal, Bathmen, Netherlands, 9 April 1945.

Title:
3524834  Sappers Doug Jury and Henry Nimilowitch of the 18th Field Company, Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E.), digging a lead to drain a crater near Nijmegen, Netherlands, 24 November 1944.

Back