• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annoying crap-Wear Uniform In School?

P

PTE_Lui

I suppose it serves as a self-fullfilling prophesy that alot of Reservists are "weekend warriors" pretending to be soldiers, but for Halloween, due to my lack of creativity, I dressed up as Rambo.

I adorned my favorite paintball gear, comprising of a pair of US Issue Urban Camo combat pants, a light German issue combat vest, a green "ARMY" shirt, and a green bandana.  To complete the image, i put a bit of cam paint on, and strapped on a pair of my trusty combat boots.

Well, by and large the response was typical; It's Halloween so who really cares? right?  Well, some little brats come to my house, and start cussing up the CF!

Being the polite, kindly fellow that I am, I just sorta shrugged it off, gave the kids some candy, and wished them a safe and happy Halloween; but down in my gullet, I wanted to chase the mofo's down and beat them to a bloody pulp.

Too much of this crap goes on, and at work we talk about it alot.  The Navy guys talk about it. I'm completly sure CF members across Canada talk about it. The sheer amount of disrespect that the people of Canada have for thier military.

My biggest hope is that in the impending crisis with all this terrorism crap, the CF is there to offer its support to the uttmost to the side of good; and that the tarnished image that it has in the eyes of those it has been established to serve, is lifted such that those people have a newfound respect for the military.  If not in this conflict, then at least some how.

*to add salt to the wounds, the little brats blew out the Candles in my Jack-o-lanterns too!

You should see what a teen aged Cadet has to go through too! People constanly pissing me off at school because my corp has to cut there hair really short. People saying to me "I hear 90 % of the people that are in the army come out gay." The anoying little ignorant ****ers think that Cadets is just like the reserves or something and that eventually we might have to fight in Afganistan (not saying that Canada will become that involved that the reserves will be sent in). And admitting that when im older I would be proud to fight for my country. Now some seniors in my Corp are suggesting we wear our uniform to school for Rememberance Day. I say "sorry, I‘ll do it on two conditions, its not dress uniform, and I‘m not held responsible for anybody who gets the **** beeton outa them." It‘s not that I don‘t want to wear my uniform, or that im not proud to wear it, its just that I dont think it would be physicaly possible (litteraly). However I would wear it if I knew that people would actually respect.

Soldier of Fortune...wear your uniform, with the permission of your CO (this is a must) and only for the Rememberance Day service. Change back to street clothes - and hell, yes, it has to be dress uniform - did you want to wear combats in public? Don‘t think so. Tighten your tie and look proud.

If you want people to respect you, you need to learn to bite your tongue and not take people on when they are being childish and saying obvoiusly stupid things (90 percent of soldier being gay - I mean, that‘s obviously just them trying to provoke you - don‘t fall for it). Ignore them and remind yourself you are better than them.

I suspect many of them are simply jealous because they have never belonged to anything bigger than themselves. You, on the other hand, in all likelihood wear the same cap badge that men who fought and died in WW II wore (depending on your corps affiliation).

ah yeah, I‘m not a cadet (wish I had been, though..) but when I tell people I join the reserves, they give me crap. I‘ve also heard the ‘people in the army are gay‘ cracks, and that ‘oh you‘re an idiot, you‘re just going to get killed. You have to be stupid to join the army‘. But I find comfort in the fact that the people who say that are really pathetic, greedy, self-serving, and have no sense of pride and honour.

I agree with Michael that these people are just jelous because they haven‘t belonged to anything bigger than themselves, and don‘t have what it takes to do so.

Ahhh cadets....

I did that for 6 years (air not army). Wore my uniform to school for Rememberence Day when I was 12 because I was very idealistic and desperately wanted to participate somehow in the colour party the senior cadets did for all the schools in my town. Eventually I got to carry one of the rifles for both the school cerimonies and the local public one. Did it for three years. If you do it well it‘s an excellent recruiting tool, but I never heard of any other Sqn. or corps ever do it. Participating in those cerimonies were some of my fondest memories from my cadet days, so I‘d encourage you to get involved if you can. I know standing on a stage holding that old Lee Enfield for 1.5 hours in a gym full of 500 people with the heat pumping was always fun.

People giving you s**t about being in uniform, either cadets or the reserves I guess just goes with the territory. My original attitude was along the lines of "f**k them," But as I got older I got less belligerent about it and used the opportunity for a bit of education.

What these ****heads don‘t realize is that while they are sitting in the corner making fun of me I am picking chicks up with my Dress Uniform because I am a sexy bitch in that thing. Yes, I am drunk.

Back