• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All idiots are the same unless it's on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Dorosh said:
;D

You're going to preach tolerance now.   I find that ironic given your initial post in this thread.

We don't judge on spelling and grammar here unless a message is so poorly phrased and typed that it is unreadable.   And Ghost was obviously writing in response to a recent "problem child" that invaded our little haven of good sense and shared information.   I think we are all quite protective of the image this site desires to portray, and as for "second hand experience" - that's great - posting info from books and movies is fine, if they are considered respectable works of value.   I for one am tired of seeing George C. Scott quotes posted as Patton quotes because they saw Scott say something in the movie.   A quote from Carlos d'Este or Ladislas Farago or Martin Blumenson, three of his "official" biographers, would carry so much more weight, don't you think?

Mister Moore's works are so bound by controversy - and bear in mind that his movie, unlike a scholarly work on the subject, has no footnotes or references - that they are of little value in aiding materially to a discussion simply because no one has any idea what was made up and what wasn't.   For a look at his methodology, do a google search on "Bowling for Columbine" and read some of the online criticisms of this earlier work of Moore's.   Entertaining, thought-provoking yes, it certainly was.   As a reference for serious study, 'fraid not.
When I say second hand experience, I don't mean books:p

And as for Michael Moore...Well...Let's just say I thought it was interesting to see different viewpoints, but it was more than slightly skewed.  I also found it funny that my uncle called Bush a criminal because of his oil "scandals", when my uncle clears over one million a year in oil profits. I had to go with my uncle because my dad wouldn't go, and I'd never ask my friends to go to a documentary:p

Glad to see your sticking around Starfighter. It's the hallmark of any good soldier to be able to but heads with co-workers and shake hands afterward and grab a beer.

In one of your previous comments you said,
There are reservists that get many benefits they do not deserve

Thats an interesting comment. I'm assuming these have been comments made by your sister or father? Without saying who they are or what unit they serve/served with, do you mind expanding on that comment?  How do you feel, or how have you heard the reserves get many benefits that they do not deserve?

I can only suggest you quit diggin your hole so deep as not to be able to climb out. You know where we're coming from, take the advice and quit trying to get the last word please.

This whole thread reminds me of when I first came to this site not so long ago really. Ghost was RIGHT on the money with his posts!!!

I knew originally that my first http://army.ca/forums/threads/16966.0.html   post would cause some sh*t, but I wasn't doing it to make trouble. I wanted to start good conversation and see if my theories would hold up! My god, they didn't! You folks got together like a real damn plantoon and shot my theories to complete garbage! I was surprised, yet exhilirated. I have already learned a GREAT deal from being on this website for a few months, and at times having posted stupid comments. We all do at first I suppose. I took the advise of Infanteer and someone else to shut-up and just read for awhile. I did, I learned. Although I do still believe what some people would call "conspiracy theory stuff" and "anti-american" things, I have for years. Long, long before Michael Moore came out with his first movie "Roger and Me". I am very glad I was shown the other side of things though also. Always good to stimulate the mind and not become too one-sided... Crap, now I'm going ot be considered a "Fence-sitter"!   :threat:

This would be a good chance to thank the owner/creator of the site.   THANK YOU, you and the members here have created a "virtual" well of knowledge here.

I think something like Ghost's post needs to be on the Home page of this website for the E-tards to see first and foremost...

Joe
:cdn:

True. The guys on this site know what they are talking about. Now I rarely extrapolate any points I have in fear that infanteer will come and blow it all to pieces and crush my gentle soul. bastard. :)

I'm gonna fade back into the background now.

Ghost778 said:
Glad to see your sticking around Starfighter. It's the hallmark of any good soldier to be able to but heads with co-workers and shake hands afterward and grab a beer.

In one of your previous comments you said,

Thats an interesting comment. I'm assuming these have been comments made by your sister or father? Without saying who they are or what unit they serve/served with, do you mind expanding on that comment?   How do you feel, or how have you heard the reserves get many benefits that they do not deserve?
I've heard it from my mom.  There was one instance where she went to a city with a Class B reservist for a conference, and they went out for supper.  The reservist went out drinking with a total stranger, and was so hungover, that the next day she had to miss the conference and puked the whole way back home.  She didn't get in trouble at all, even after my mom and a seargent complained.  That's just one example.  I do feel that a lot of the reservists that serve this country are the backbone of the CF.  As I said, the comments I made were stupid, and I've "taken them back", or at least tried to in a sense.

Ghost

Well said!!!

Starfighter

A college instructor once said this to me and it has paid off very well over the years

Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back