• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Al Jazeera....what is it exactly?

M

MAJOR_Baker

I was thinking about what Al Jazerra actually was after I heard the story on the news today (not on the Communist Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)) that a Saudi Truck Driver that was released about two weeks ago is now suing the BBC and Al Jazeera.   Why?   It seems while the Saudi national was being held hostage by terrorists and they attempted to recruit him for a Homicide bombing.   He refused, they told him that he would receive the death penalty.   Meanwhile he was listening to his terrorist kidnappers make a telephone call.   To whom you might ask?   The "fair and balanced" news organization, the CNN of the middle east ..... ::) yup thats right Al Jazerra, the same news organization that had correspondents that worked for the Iraqi intelligence agency....that isn't even the best part.   They were invited to tape his reading of a statement that he was coherced into reading for the Kidnappers and Al Jazeera, and they came and taped it....what a bunch of F**CKS!    Well sometime later US forces were involved in a firefight with the same terrorists and the Saudi driver was able to escape.   A week after he made his escape Al Jazeera played the tape on the TV as did BBC, that is where the suit comes into play.

Al Jazeera is nothing but a propaganda machine for ISLAMO-FACISTS, they lie, cheat, and steal, but hey that is okay as long as it defeats the infidel.... ::)   They have nothing on Gobbels and his propoganda ministry, oh, and thanks CRTC for allowing this propaganda bullsh*t on CDN airwaves................  

I think that most reasonable people already know this.  Anyone who believes what Al Jazeera has to say certainly doesn't fall within the same belief system that most of us do.  They are crazy and we know that.

I just wonder how many services will carry the channel, and how many people will pay for it.

I say let it be aired so we can all see the other point of view whether they are full of it or not.

I can make up my own mind as to what's true or not and old Al Jaz has proven the are very biased.
So what's wrong with letting us judge for our selve's!

I'm getting sick and tired of being told what I can and not watch or read from the special interest group's with in our Country and this is where Multi Cult has gone wrong. :mad:

Well rogers Say's they will not carry Al Jazeera it would cost to much to edit and store copies of show so that the crtc can view for compaints

I can't say I would be seeking out a channel  like that anyway.

I think that we should carry both Al-Jazeera feeds, live and direct, the English language service and the Arabic service.   Have the two of them broadcast on a split screen.   Broadcast the English language audio.   Have the Canadian Government supply a live translation in English and French of the Arabic service.   Scroll the translation across the bottom of the screen.

If we want to get at the truth, if Al-Jazeera is not a propaganda arm, then this should present no problems.   If they are propagandizing then the two messages will be different, (rise up brothers in Arabic, nothing to be bothered about here in English) and we should know that.

Let us see Al-Jazeera, beheadings and all.   Then see how long they maintain support from the soft mushy middle of western society.

In general, I've been supportive of television from other parts of the world and receive perspectives
I otherwise wouldn't have known.   Canada is made up of many cultures and a portion of them
are newly arrived first generation and they certainly influence mainsteam Canadian society.

Yet, a CBC television report on the RAI's progress to get a broadcast licence in Canada through the
CRTC and the political method chosen makes me reconsider some aspects.   From my understanding
of the televised newscast, RAI (Italy state television) provides significant coverage of
political news as Italy may seek to allow Italian citizens overseas to participate in political events and
even be elected into Italian political office.   The articles below are related to the televised
newscast but do not provide the same perspective or suggest RAI's political nature.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/12/16/Arts/crtcforeignlang041216.html

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/12/17/Arts/crtcforlangreax041217.html

The CRTC is/was having a hard time due to the fact that RAI wishes to send
political coverage directly to Italians overseas and the effect that may have on
mainstream Canada.   Political pressure is being placed on the CRTC to accept the
RAI licence application.

I think it is wise to consider Al-Jazerra's affect on Canada but I don't believe they
are biased to one specific government or perspective.   The RAI who do reflect
Italian politics (and sometimes turbulent) is much more specific in nature and targets
a specific group in Canada.   I feel it unwise to distribute international political
propgramming (RAI is not exclusively political though) to a specific group in
Canada.

Its a propaganda tool used by our enemies (promoting hatred towards the west and anti-Americanism), and if you have not seen it find their english site, and find out for yourself. I did.

Wes

hey we get the Fox news  already so why not Al Jazeera
their just two sides of the coin.
I hope we are all smart enough to make up our own minds on whats the truth or not.

Ya, but would you have felt the same if it was Himler behind it spouting off NAZI garbage, 60 years ago? At the end of the day the enemy is simply that, and I don't want any of his propaganda spread into my house.

At least Fox is on our side.

Have you watched FOX? I have had it since 1996. Don't believe everything you read until you watch it. I am not supporting FOX but simply saying I don't want pro islamc terrorism spewing into my lounge room.

I too can make up my mind by various media sources, I dont need to hear about it from their side, we all know what happened on 11 Sep 01.

Wes

If FOX was not so Anti Canadian I might be more accepting of them coming up here but as it stands they have not even toned down the "down with Canada" rhetoric that Ann Coulter and Tucker Carlson seem to be so fond of. keep them both out I say.

Back