• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air trades (AVN, AVS and ACS) re-enrollment

RetiredRoyal

Inactive
Reaction score
If you are an ex avn, avs or acs or previous AET, AFT, Refinisher etc and are considering re-enrolling you should contact:

Chief Warrant Officer Tom Walker at
walker.wt@forces.gc.ca or 1-866-355-8195.

He's part of the Air Force Intake and Liason Team. Tasking is to streamline the 12 month re-enrollment process with a goal of 6 weeks for candidate with no administrative hurdles.

See this for more info.

What kind of crap is that. I guess getting the techs that are actually there and willing to serve, trained and qualified is harder than crying for help for retirees.  ::)

BTW, I know this is OFN.

I don't remember reading the part about replacing the current techs with retiree's in the ad, but my eye's aren't what they used to be since I retired.

I think it's more this kind of crap:

'The AFI&LT considers those returning as "force multipliers". There are many advantages to re-enrolling fully qualified personnel. The Air Force recognizes the qualities of leadership, maturity, and experience that former personnel bring with them.  We have found that these personnel can immediately contribute into the aerospace capability.  Those returning are an indicator to serving personnel that the CF remains an employer of choice.'

I wasn't implying that the retirees would replace the current ones. I still doubt that they will find anyone willing to come-back into the forces.

I  have worked with more than a few techs, AVN and AVS in the last 8 years who had taken FRP or moved on to the civilian sector and opted to return to the CF.  You would probably be surprised at the numbers that this type of initiative can attract. 
  As the older 500 series techs leave, we are left with considerable holes in our corporate knowledge that are impossible to fill with the current training profiles.  I would like to see more of these folks make a return, even if only for a few years, I've learned a lot from them.  Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

NINJA said:
I wasn't implying that the retirees would replace the current ones. I still doubt that they will find anyone willing to come-back into the forces.

Really? I know two that are waiting for the medicals to clear and then they are back. Check your facts...

Back