• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advanced MOC trainning?

Thaedes

Inactive
Reaction score
I was also curious, once I've completed basic, and the basic moc for infanteers, how does further trainning work?  Will I get a choice to apply for various trainning and the order they come in?  or do I get whatever they offer should they even offer it?

Also, if I'm given a choice what courses should I pick up first in order to best make myself more eligible for further trainning opportunities?

To be honest, my general interest is getting into a commando company in RCR, so I suppose I'll be aiming primarily for the jump courses.  Should I choose instead to pick up some other courses first (should I get the choice) before going for jump trainning?  I spoke with a retired airborne guy recently and he suggested I should pick up a gunny course first and some other things, in order to get a bit more respect while trying for the airborne - not that they will give me much before I complete the course anyways.  I'd also be happy to go for Sniper trainning, but evenstill, I've put my cart before my horse since I haven't even started Basic yet.  Evenstill, if anyone can help illuminate some things for me here I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Alea iacta est!

An other one who wants to be an elite airborne sniper commando.  I dont think you chose to take those courses, they chose you.

When course come up, you will be offered them through your chain of command providing there is space for you and you are not a complete shitbird.  Don't worry about gunning for Airborne Commando or anything, just concentrate on being a switched on private soldier, and the good courses will come your way.

Da_man said:
An other one who wants to be an elite airborne sniper commando.   I dont think you chose to take those courses, they chose you.

Another one eh?  Heh, you've mistaken enthuiasm for some of the more interesting parts of the trade for over zealous newbism I think Da_man.  And well put Infanteer, I had figured that was to be the way of it.  As a side note, I don't think guys who are currently in the forces right now should be so critical of everyone who even mentions Airborne and snipers... The sad fact is, Canada isn't bringing in too many Infantry these days, with the focus shifting from overwhelming forces to smart forces - that and people heeding the warnings of their parents and other ex-military types to stay away from the combat arms (fortunately I disregarded my fathers advice about the combat arms, and the guy whom I rent my room from now - both retired military themselves).  Myself, I am just genuinely interested in the Infantry, all aspects - and since I plan to make it a career I want to aspire to do the best I can.  So If they ever offer Recce courses, or Airborne, or Sniper, I'll be going for it and giving it 100%.

Alea Iacta Est!

I didn't know we still had commando's???  Those courses you want are geared for more senior troops and at the rate we are cancelling out specialized trades recce will be going the way of the dodo soon enough.  To get sniper you need recce first.  Pioneers gone, mortars gone, TOW on coy in Wainwright (for the west) [probabley go to the tankers anyway]. etc

Oh we've still got commandos man..........................havent you heard of the very secretive, very elite M.I.R. Commandos???  I hear these guys can take you out with a couple Cepacols (sp) and a bandaid!!!!!!!!!!

ooooooooh man........i can sense a few more negative ratings coming my way...................LOL

my post was meant as a joke..............lighten up

Back