• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ADF to recreate ‘Z Special’ unit to address Indo-Pacific threats

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that the super important question of what colour beret patch on the Slouch Hat the unit will wear will be determined at some point in the future.

😖
For the Vegemite eaters, only RAAF Security Forces, Armour, and SOF wear berets.

I'm glad to hear that the super important question of what colour beret the unit will wear will be determined at some point in the future.

😖
Now you've done it. Diplomatic relations between Canada and Australia may be in jeopardy.

I'll take "Silly Hats" for 2000 please.
Alex Trebek Yes GIF by Jeopardy!

So is this like some sort of new AUSSOF thing? Or a new label on conventional?

I think it’s another SOF unit
I suspect it’s a similar in nature aspect to the NATO SOF reopening of the Jedburgh Teams (or perhaps a better name at this point is Jedburgh Training Teams)

My Grandfather-in-law served in Z Special Unit - Claire Mack Stewart, he was an incredibly brave man who was beheaded by the Japanese after capture as a result of the second (RIMAU) Singapore Raid. I served and two of my son's serve, one a Pilot in the RAAF, the other a Sniper with SOF. I enjoy the covetousness good natured digs between allies that know they will always have each others backs. For the record, the Beret should be Vegemite in color for all we care but that would be awesome.

My Grandfather-in-law served in Z Special Unit - Claire Mack Stewart, he was an incredibly brave man who was beheaded by the Japanese after capture as a result of the second (RIMAU) Singapore Raid. I served and two of my son's serve, one a Pilot in the RAAF, the other a Sniper with SOF. I enjoy the covetousness good natured digs between allies that know they will always have each others backs. For the record, the Beret should be Vegemite in color for all we care but that would be awesome.
Glad to have you alongside. NOW if we could get the Government of Canada to see it that way...

Back