• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Adaptable Strike Frigate

My understanding was that we were going back to the 127mm (sometimes called the 5 inch gun ;) ) gun as a surface warfare and land support weapon - not as an AAW weapon at all.
Apparently near the end of the war, the 5" was the predominate plane killer, radar and VT fuzes made the difference. I believe this is the gun we are getting This article goes deep into the Type 26 gun and it gives some good details on it.

This is what we have selected

Going by Wiki there only about 19 mounts in service, so not as much user base as the BAE gun with some 250 mounts in service

Apparently near the end of the war, the 5" was the predominate plane killer, radar and VT fuzes made the difference. I believe this is the gun we are getting This article goes deep into the Type 26 gun and it gives some good details on it.

This is what we have selected

Going by Wiki there only about 19 mounts in service, so not as much user base as the BAE gun with some 250 mounts in service
Yah but the leonardo system is so much better, at least on paper. Faster rate of fire, higher calibre = higher muzzel velocity = longer ranges, better feed system from the magazine and a bunch of other stuff I can't be bothered to look up right now.

I do get the concern though. I think part of the selection was also because Leonardo submitted for the 30mm as well.

Back