• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acadian Pride!

mo-litia

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Any other Acadians out there? My ancestors were true habitants, deported from Acadia by les anglais, sent to France and Louisiana, and eventually settling in the Canadian West during the 19th century.

. . . and you Easterners wonder where Western Alienation came from . . .   ;)

I AM ACADIAN!

Unlike your family, mo-litia, mine went to the sunny shores of western Cape Breton and stayed there. That's where we got the Scotch side of our family.

scott1nsh said:
I AM ACADIAN!

Unlike your family, mo-litia, mine went to the sunny shores of western Cape Breton and stayed there. That's where we got the Scotch side of our family.

So whom do I send the bill for my stolen land to?   ;)

Just kidding, but if natives deserve restitution for lost tribal land surely Acadians derserve compensation for land stolen by the British. ;D

No help there.

Wahoo me too me too, from N.B. here Je suis Acadienne!!!!

JANE

mo-litia said:
So whom do I send the bill for my stolen land to?   ;)

Just kidding, but if natives deserve restitution for lost tribal land surely Acadians derserve compensation for land stolen by the British. ;D

Get in line. I have a little Acadian blood (mixed in with the Scots and Irish, some of the northern Nova Scotia winters can be cold   ;D) on my Mother's side and My Father's family are descended   from UEL so don't talk to me about confiscated lands.   8)

Danjanou said:
Get in line. I have a little Acadian blood (mixed in with the Scots and Irish, some of the northern Nova Scotia winters can be cold   ;D) on my Mother's side and My Father's family are descended   from UEL so don't talk to me about confiscated lands.   8)

;D You could always file a claim in an US court and demand that they pay you compensation for the loss of Boston or something like that!

Danjanou said:
Get in line. I have a little Acadian blood (mixed in with the Scots and Irish, some of the northern Nova Scotia winters can be cold  ;D) on my Mother's side and My Father's family are descended  from UEL so don't talk to me about confiscated lands.  8)

Got you beat.

My wife is a Savoie from Neguac N.B.

mo-litia said:
;D You could always file a claim in an US court and demand that they pay you compensation for the loss of Boston or something like that!

Actually It's Philidephia.

Funny you should say that I read somewhere back that there are several UEL descendents just waiting for a a US court to jump on a Canadian who does business in Cuba under Helms-Berton as they feel it would set a precendent and open the floodgates for their cases.

Hmm 200 odd years back rent on great, great, great, great Grand dad's farm which is now in Downtown Philly would be like winning the Lottery  ;D

But I digress and we're gettin off topic.

Back