• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Small Smilie/Emoticon Suggestion

DirtyDog

Inactive
Reaction score
Before you get all excited, this isn't one of those we need more smilies/we need this smilie posts, just a minor suggestion that the current salute smilie we have now be replaced by the version I have provided here which depicts a more proper salute (correct hand).  I also have non-animated salute smilie here with a flag if you please.

Salute.gif
  As oppposed to the current -----> :salute:

And:

canada-salute.gif

A small improvement but a good one in my mind....it's these little things that add to the overall site quality.

You are correct with the new smilie right hand salute.  I'm amazed it wasn't picked up before.
Nit-picker...good :D
Cheers, BYTD

Can we also have one where the smiley eats cake ?

(Sorry Tess, i had to put that in there)

I like yours Tess! Can anybody tell me where you can get the mil Smilies are I have a mate over here in Scotland who is setting up a site and only has the boring civi ones !  :fifty: :cheers: :rocket: :argument: would look good on the site 

Nice work on the proper saluting smilie!!

Tess,

Where has your Highlander been lately? I miss his fling!!

Vern

I still like the lightsaber one that Infanteer posted a few years back.

Groucho said:
I like yours Tess! Can anybody tell me where you can get the mil Smilies are I have a mate over here in Scotland who is setting up a site and only has the boring civi ones !  :fifty: :cheers: :rocket: :argument: would look good on the site 

I frequent a forum that uses a "military" set of smilies for a base.

PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_08.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_17.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

And of course, there are a countless other smileis out there that might be cool to have but then people start over doing it and friggin put smilies in the place of words.

Great site, tess, for smilies. 
beatdeadhorse.gif
  but how much of this can we do before this is locked out?
cuddle.gif
  for the mods not to lock us up... :)

Thanks Tess I will pass the site on ! My mate but  has just started the site a few weeks ago and already has over 30 members ! Mostly form the transport squadron in Glasgow but more from the other squadrons in the Scottish Transport Regiment

Dileas Groucho

Back