• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A fearsome force?

ProPatria05

Inactive
Reaction score
Check out this excerpt from the on-line version of the Annual report of the CDS. In particular, have a look at the last picture, of the young lady on the MG. Check out her fingernails. Now, maybe I‘m being anal, but is this really the image we want to portray?

Sorry, Sir, can‘t do PT this morning - I have an appointment to get my nails done.

"Putting People First"

It could be worse, she could have them painted pink or crimson or something. I bet they would come in handy in hand to hand combat...if they didn‘t break that is.

Lol, its responses like these that makes her even more lethal behind the MG. After all, you might not take her seriously, but the equipment is serious, and all you need is a finger to pull the trigger, and a decent eye to paint a target.

But no i‘d agree, they should be cut. The chance for mistakenly applying pressure to the trigger with a nail that long is quite possible. Nails don‘t have nerve cells, so you wouldnt even notice if you weren‘t paying attention.

I dont think she could accidently fire the weapon using only her finger nail

but then again, I dunno

I guess you‘ve never fired a .50 cal... it takes more pressure than a fingernail can put to press the trigger.

Trust me,it takes a serious amount
of trigger pressure to rock & roll.
By the way,where is the cocking handle or am
i just blind? ;)

Not having ever fired a weapon off a ship, nor having fired a weapon in... oh... a year... what is that anyways? Looks like a .50 cal, but again, I havn‘t ever seen one.

It‘s actually called M2HB.
Windwolf, the cocking handle is on the right side, and when the weapon is cocked, the handle is forward. This is why we can‘t see it. This is also the reason we see daylight through the body, the breech is forward, leaving space for the action to take place. Remember the M2HB fires from a closed bolt, unlike the C9 and C6.

Thanks Jungle,
Been soooo long that i could not remember
if it was close or open,left or right hand pull.
:cdn:

Did you just say COCK !?!?!? What‘s wrong here... we can‘t say **** , or ****, or ****, but we‘re allowed saying cock ??? say it ain‘t so...

Cock your head before you cock the weapon, as the cock crows cock-a-doodle-doo....

The woman in the photo is possibly not even in the service. DND photographers do sometimes rent talent; there was a famous recuiting poster showing a woman fighter pilot, a Major I believe, who was actually a junior officer in Public Affairs whom they suited up for the shot.

Yeah she seemed a little too pretty to be......actually I‘m not going to finish that sentence...

fearsome enough if you come home late with the smell of a strange animal on you.

Oooop‘s for give me all,I still have not had my Dull,Ooop‘s SHARPS training so I‘am allowed ;)

Instead of cock I should have said charge the weapon :D hehehe

Back