• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

9 mm training while pregnant

sophia

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a question regarding 9 mm training. Is it advisable to go on 9 mm training in the early stages of pregnancy 15-16 weeks. I am hearing different opinions about this situation. I hear yes, it's ok, no it's not ok. The reasons for it not being ok do not make sense. "it's not ok because of the noise". Your input is greatly appreciated.

It is a regulation that hearing protection be worn during all live fire training. As for being pregnant, I don't believe there is any documented correlation between loud noises and fetal development. If you are that worried about it, state your reasons through the chain.

while not a doctor, (And that's who I suggest you ask), I can say that the noise of a small calibre firearm such as a 9mm will not affect a fetus any more than will a rock concert, jet aircraft, or large vehicle. In fact, any of these are much louder than a 9mm popgun. And mothers-to-be are often subjected (or subject themselves) to much louder noises, and for greater durations, than a 9mm on a range for an hour or so.

But, ask your doctor. A buncha grunts on the internet prob'ly ain't your best source of info on pregnancy.

The "pistol packing mama's " of the world would probably say go ahead. My ex was out poping upland game birds with a 16 gauge shotgun during the early stages of at least three of her pregnancies', and none of the offspring seem overtly effected.  ;)

;D Except they like the taste of upland game bird and enjoy shooting...is there a connection??

There is no problems with conducting dry training like TEOTs, nor live fire of the weapons (noise?....yeah, riiight.  ::) )

There is reason to be slightly concerned about expose to toxic chemicals because of CLP, oils, etc, and heavy metals from handling the ammo. These hazards can be reduced thru the use of protective gloves.

That, and shooting indoors on a poorly ventilated range wouldn`t be good for you either.

MM

If this is a case of getting out of training, personal opinion isn't going to matter much - get a chit from your doctor.

If this is a case of wanting to do the training but not being sure - wouldn't better safe than sorry count? Or will you need the 9mm experience while on your maternity leave?  ???

Back