• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

$5M Reparations to individual Blacks living in San Francisco

My grandfather was brought to Canada, from Britain, in the 1800's as child labour. Working in a blacksmiths smithy before he was 10. While people absolved themselves by calling it different things, it was still a form of slavery.

Where do I sign up?

It is San Francisco. And it is California. Never discount the amount of ridiculousness that comes with that territory. Absurd or not.
😉
America is already divided as it is, and if something even close to $5M was given out to a major proportion of blacks living there, the pushback would be gigantic. Blacks in other cities and other states will demand the same if not more. And let‘s not forget the various aboriginal tribes throughout the U.S. At some point the U.S. would either explode or implode depending on how you look at it. This is something that no serious politician at municipal, state or federal should even seriously consider.

As it is, idiots like Marjorie Taylor Green are basically pushing for secession. On top of that, there is a renewed push for some states to swallow up portions of neighbouring states to strengthen their political demographic. Case in point: Idaho working to get parts of Republican areas of Oregon to secede and join them. (See attached)

At a time when China and Russia are major threats to world peace, the fall of the U.S. couldn’t happen at a worse time. I just hope that the decision makes aren’t so shortsighted as to push their own personal agenda.

It is San Francisco. And it is California. Never discount the amount of ridiculousness that comes with that territory. Absurd or not.
😉
Even in San Francisco, there is a limit. Three school board members and a DA were recalled for being too far left. Their apologists will say it was a right-wing/Republican plot to thwart their good work, but you could fit all the Republicans in the whole Bay Area in a phone booth.

Then sue the Spanish. See how far that gets in court - I can imagine Spain sobbing "We're not worthy" to a bunch of money grubbers....right before they are reminded "We are the Spanish Inquisition - and not the Monty Python variety either"
Certainly nobody would expect that.

My grandfather was brought to Canada, from Britain, in the 1800's as child labour. Working in a blacksmiths smithy before he was 10. While people absolved themselves by calling it different things, it was still a form of slavery.

Where do I sign up?

Everyone still serving reads this and goes... ;)

No Idea Reaction GIF by Bounce

It's probably one of those things where the council must at least hear the proposal, even if they just say "uh...no."

It'll be about as serious as that NDP member who put in "disband the CAF" into the party's meeting a couple of years ago, which put some CAF-affiliated folks in a tizzy. That proposal was also not seriously considered by the leadership.

It's probably one of those things where the council must at least hear the proposal, even if they just say "uh...no."

It'll be about as serious as that NDP member who put in "disband the CAF" into the party's meeting a couple of years ago, which put some CAF-affiliated folks in a tizzy. That proposal was also not seriously considered by the leadership.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere recently that California Governor Gavin Newsom issued a directive to various municipalities to come up with a plan to compensate eligible blacks. If so, then San Francisco may not be the only one.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere recently that California Governor Gavin Newsom issued a directive to various municipalities to come up with a plan to compensate eligible blacks. If so, then San Francisco may not be the only one.
Sounds like a state problem to me.

If that's how the officials Californians elected are going to spend thier tax dollars so be it.

But my understanding is Cali is not in a great financial situation.

I used to love visiting California.

Here, a native Californian puts 2023 in perspective.

If that's how the officials Californians elected are going to spend thier tax dollars so be it.

But my understanding is Cali is not in a great financial situation.
let the Hollywood millionaires share their wealth like they preach to us. U2 can do the same.

California lol. These are the types of people who build their houses on the ocean cliff edge then cry climate change when erosion washes their homes away. That entire state needs to be washed away for a whole slew of reasons.

California lol. These are the types of people who build their houses on the ocean cliff edge then cry climate change when erosion washes their homes away. That entire state needs to be washed away for a whole slew of reasons.
And also sue geological surveyors for taking a picture of it.

If enough companies continue to leave California, it could end up being just a Mickey Mouse place.

Back