• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Nov 2016: "Royal Canadian Navy Member Dies from Injuries"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Not a great day for the CF - R.I.P. ...
Master Seaman (MS) Guillermo Morales Castellon passed away Friday, November 25 from injuries sustained on Monday, November 21, in an industrial accident at 443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron located in Patricia Bay, near Victoria, British Columbia‎. There were no other personnel involved in the accident.

The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS) will conduct an investigation into the accident with support from Formation Safety. Further, a Board of Inquiry will be convened into the circumstances surrounding Master Seaman Morales Castellon’s death.

The Commander of Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Esquimalt thanks BC Ambulance Service and the members of the Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt Base Logistics team who came to MS Morales Castellon’s aid following the accident.

“My deepest sympathies go out to the family, friends and colleagues of Master Seaman Guillermo Morales Castellon during this extremely difficult time; we are all saddened by the loss. Personnel from CFB Esquimalt and the Canadian Armed Forces will continue to provide support to his family while they deal with this tragedy.”

— Captain (Navy) Steven Waddell, CFB Esquimalt Base Commander

Quick Facts

Master Seaman Guillermo Morales Castellon joined the Army Reserve, 2nd Field Artillery Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, in 1995 and transferred to the Naval Reserve, Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship Donnacona, in 1998.
    In 2014, Master Seaman Guillermo Morales Castellon accepted a transfer to the Regular Force where he was posted to CFB Esquimalt Base Logistics. MS Morales Castellon served as part of the Patricia Bay Supply Team supporting 443 Squadron.
    An Assisting Officer and a Canadian Armed Forces Chaplain have been appointed to provide immediate and dedicated support to Master Seaman Guillermo Morales Castellon’s family who asks for privacy during this difficult time.
    As an investigation is ongoing into the nature of the incident, no further information will be released at this time.
    A BOI is an internal, non-judicial, administrative fact-finding investigation convened to examine and report on complex or significant events. Mandated by a Convening Authority, a BOI is conducted to determine facts, make findings, and develop recommendations with a view to preventing reoccurrence.
    In accordance with the Queen’s Regulations and Orders for the CAF, a BOI is convened to investigate the death of any CAF member who dies for reasons other than wounds received in action.
More from MARPAC boss:
The Commander of Maritime Forces Pacific, Rear-Admiral Art McDonald, issued the following statement today:

‘It is with deep sadness that I learned of the passing of Master Seaman (MS) Guillermo Morales Castellon, who succumbed to his injuries following a workplace accident on November 21, 2016.

“My condolences go out to the family and friends of MS Morales Castellon, whose spouse was at his side when he passed.

“As can be appreciated, the men and women of Maritime Forces Pacific, CFB Esquimalt and 443 Squadron are extremely saddened by his passing.  It is never easy to accept the sudden loss of a shipmate and friend.

“MS Morales Castellon immigrated to Canada from Honduras and made the choice to faithfully serve our country for the last 22 years in the Army Reserve, Naval Reserve and as a member of the Regular Force.

“To his friends and colleagues he was Will, a guy who loved to chat, was extremely likeable and who took time to truly connect with people.

On behalf of the Navy family, I extend my deepest sympathy to his family, his friends and colleagues. Our thoughts and prayers are with them as they navigate this difficult time.”

Rest in peace, seaman Castellon.

On behalf of the ship's company of HMCS Donnacona of 1998-99, I offer our condolences to your family and friends. Signed: your then X.O. LCDR (ret.) Trudel.

:brit poppy:

Back