• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Of course it matters. Because it is being brought to to fore and it can and will have an effect. Smith’s biggest weakness is her mouth. Someone pointed out that her main rival is herself.

Of course. It is very tight which makes things like past statements the thing that could tip the balance.

But she has a golden opportunity with the wild fires to show that she can manage a crisis and lead regardless of what she said in the past and regardless of how it is framed by her detractors. So far I see nothing in her actions in regards to the disaster that indicates that she can’t manage it. In fact I would even say she is doing quite well in that regard.
Yes, you're right. It matters in an election only because media will amplify it and petty uninformed people make something of it. So yes, it matters for all the wrong reasons. But that is Canada today and that is why we have someone like Trudeau.

Yes, you're right. It matters in an election only because media will amplify it and petty uninformed people make something of it. So yes, it matters for all the wrong reasons. But that is Canada today and that is why we have someone like Trudeau.
Would that be despite the media using his past comments and being amplified as well? Both sides do it.

The irony of your statement is she was part of the media when she said it.

Hard to see a distinction between killing someone because "Jewish" or killing someone because "inconvenient peasant/intellectual" or killing someone because "didn't yield city on demand". In each case people are killed because of membership in a group.

Very easy to see a distinction between all of the horrific scenarios involving the mass murder of innocents discussed above, and a government encouraging vaccination with a goal of saving lives.

Hard to see a distinction between killing someone because "Jewish" or killing someone because "inconvenient peasant/intellectual" or killing someone because "didn't yield city on demand". In each case people are killed because of membership in a group.

Yes, but they weren't specifically TRYING to kill the Christians in the Somalia example; they were even trying to find ways to find additional food for them so they don't die. They just decided that the Muslim population is more important, so if anyone has to die, they are happy for that to be the Christians. While still horrible, how is that not "less" evil then literally storming a Christian neighborhood and hacking up Christianfamilies with machetes?

Let try a different tact: Sexual assault.

You're a crown prosecutor and you've got two sexual assault cases. Both are at risk of being thrown out due to unreasonable delays in getting them to trial. You only have time and resources to handle ONE of the cases for sure; the other might end up getting dropped.

So you go to your boss for advice on which sexual assault case to focus on. Which one do put resources toward?

Case 1. A guy grabbed a shooter girl at night club, pinned her against a post with his hand around her neck, kissed her hard and fondled her.
Case 2. A guy followed a woman into her home just as she was getting home from the grocery store and violently raped her just inside her front door.

Both "sexual assault" in Canadian law, both perpetrators are pieces of shit, but wouldn't you say the second case is the "worse" one?

Leaving aside the strange gambit to change venues: basically, the greater the number of indefensible killings you are responsible for, the more evil you are.

Would that be despite the media using his past comments and being amplified as well? Both sides do it.

The irony of your statement is she was part of the media when she said it.
I eagerly await when Notley has a bozo eruption. I will gladly jump on that dog pile too.

The problem is, Notley doesn’t have much history of making bozo eruptions that I know of. Smith, on the other hand does have a history of gullibility, poor judgment and bozo eruptions.

I eagerly await when Notley has a bozo eruption. I will gladly jump on that dog pile too.

The problem is, Notley doesn’t have much history of making bozo eruptions that I know of. Smith, on the other hand does have a history of gullibility, poor judgment and bozo eruptions.

Notley's single term as Premier almost wrecked the province. So far, Smith has done very well addressing areas voters are worried about. So you see; some things matter (policy/performance) and some things don't (occasional dumb remark/media slurs) but it remains to be seen what enough of the voters believe and vote on. The bias media will help low information voters with this decision, even intelligent voters will vote against their own interests when ideology trumps (ie: Trudeau x 3 and Notley x1).

Notley's single term as Premier almost wrecked the province. So far, Smith has done very well addressing areas voters are worried about. So you see; some things matter (policy/performance) and some things don't (occasional dumb remark/media slurs) but it remains to be seen what enough of the voters believe and vote on. The bias media will help low information voters with this decision, even intelligent voters will vote against their own interests when ideology trumps (ie: Trudeau x 3 and Notley x1).

Is that a subjective option or an objective one?

According to polls conducted in October, the majority of Albertans approved of her time as premier. Conversely, a majority of Albertans disapproved of Jason Kenny's time as premier.

According to polls conducted in October, the majority of Albertans approved of her time as premier. Conversely, a majority of Albertans disapproved of Jason Kenny's time as premier.

I think that's why Kenny bailed.

I guess you have to ask yourself whether the Notley/Singh/Trudeau policies are good for the country or not. If you think the CCP influenced progressive left policies benefit Canada, then go for it, you won't be alone!

I'll add as an example that Smith has made significant investment in Alberta's health system. This is possible because of high government revenues due to.... take a guess... O&G! But the Notley/Singh/Trudeau alliance want to see that wrecked and would rather raise taxes to accomplish their aims.

Last edited:
Don't forget, unlike other party's, the NDP Is all one big organization. There is little separation between provincial and federal. Singh runs the whole thing.

In effect, notley works for singh who works for trudeau. Elect notley in Alberta and you end up with the Meet and Potato Travelling Clown Show running the province.

Don't forget, unlike other party's, the NDP Is all one big organization. There is little separation between provincial and federal. Singh runs the whole thing.

In effect, notley works for singh who works for trudeau. Elect notley in Alberta and you end up with the Meet and Potato Travelling Clown Show running the province.
Singh doesn't run the whole thing. The Alberta NDP have their own constitution and hold their own conventions. They decide their own policies and Notley has been at adds with Singh on numerous occasions. Most significantly, she opposes many of the NDP (and LPC) energy/O&G policies/philosophies:

Back