• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'1939 was a vibe': Disney World deletes tweet after internet points out WWII connection

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Garsh...

'1939 was a vibe': Disney World deletes tweet after internet points out WWII connection

A social media post from the "most magical place on Earth" has been deleted after major backlash.

On November 28, Walt Disney World's official Twitter account posted that "1939 was a vibe. #HappyPlace" alongside an apparent advertisement video snippet from its new "#HappyVerse" campaign.

The post went out to the account's 3.7 million followers, which led to some pointing out that perhaps 1939 was not such a "happy" time, as it was the start of World War II.

The tweet remained up for five days before it was deleted, according to Buzzfeed News. Some Twitter users took screenshots of the post before its deletion and re-uploaded them.

Nazi Germany invaded Poland in September 1939, which led to a multi-year war between global powers until 1945. Up to 15 million were killed in battle in World War II, and another 25 million were wounded, according to the National WW2 Museum's website.

Roughly 45 million civilians lost their lives in WW2. Nazi Germany committed "deliberate, organized, state-sponsored persecution and machinelike murder" of six million Jewish people and five million prisoners of war in what is known as "The Holocaust," the museum recounts.

Many Twitter users were quick to criticize either Disney World's ignorance of this information or its apathy when it sent the tweet.

From what I have read, I don't think the average American gave war a lot of thought prior to Pearl Harbor. 81 years ago today. "A date which shall live in infamy."

From what I have read, I don't think the average American gave war a lot of thought prior to Pearl Harbor. 81 years ago today. "A date which shall live in infamy."
But some folks need to dig as deep as possible to find some kind of outrage, or their lives are meaningless it would seem.

To get to my email I have to see a bunch of "news headline" links and at least half of the them have to be "backlash", "fans react", etc......

Back