• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2024: Two GTA men arrested, charged with terrorism linked to ISIS

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Usual reminder: According to Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms, "Any person charged with an offence has the right .... to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal."

From the RCMP info-machine
1722445279919.png
Various MSM versions (based on a news conference)

I subscribe to Mercedes Stephenson's X feed and according to her this is the most transparent Press briefing she's ever seen given by the RCMP on terrorism related matters.
Apparently that's to curtail any disinformation .

I subscribe to Mercedes Stephenson's X feed and according to her this is the most transparent Press briefing she's ever seen given by the RCMP on terrorism related matters.
Apparently that's to curtail any disinformation .
I’ve followed her for years and she has unusually good sources. She doesn’t get everything right, but she’s not often off by much.

You're not the only one asking ...
To me the obvious answer would simply be that he wasn’t iddentified in the video at the time he immigrated to Canada. I’ve had to watch quite a few ISIS videos, and they don’t exactly list legally accurate tombstone data at the bottom of the screen. The Americans, for instance, were eventually able to link Mohammed Khalifa (US/Can dual cit) to the videos Flames of War 1 and 2, but it wasn’t an easy or immediate thing, and he had already been living here before he went over. Sounds like the accused being referred to here can new to Canada after that video. While he may have been previously identified by some nom de guerre, that doesn’t mean IRCC had specific identifying selectors to flag him with when he immigrated.

Possible I’m wrong? Sure. But I have a decent basis of experience in investigations that touched on immigration status in the course of doing our digging, and if this had been known or even reasonably suspect, he would not have been let in or granted status.

Of the 20 convicted to date, any info on how many of them are CDN citizens vs non-CDN citizens? Hoping that all of the non-CDN citizens are simply deported after serving out their time in prison.
Anecdotally I believe a significant majority have been citizens. I don’t know offhand of any who aren’t, but I don’t have a list to work off of.

Unfortunately, I doubt we would deport to Syria or Iraq.

If someone were to have immigrated and naturalized, and was later found to have lied in their immigration process about participation in terrorism, war crimes, or crimes against humanity, IRCC could revoke their citizenship and legal status as fraudulently obtained. It’s a very lengthy process though, and would only apply if they misrepresented themselves in the process.

Anecdotally I believe a significant majority have been citizens. I don’t know offhand of any who aren’t, but I don’t have a list to work off of.

Unfortunately, I doubt we would deport to Syria or Iraq.

If someone were to have immigrated and naturalized, and was later found to have lied in their immigration process about participation in terrorism, war crimes, or crimes against humanity, IRCC could revoke their citizenship and legal status as fraudulently obtained. It’s a very lengthy process though, and would only apply if they misrepresented themselves in the process.
Well, if convicted of terrorism charges the son could very well be deported - According to a Global News report, Mostafa Eldidi is not a citizen, but his father is, despite being charged with committing an aggravated assault for ISIS outside of Canada in 2015. That charge stemmed from an ISIS video, which showed a man dismembering a prisoner with a sword.

I won't speculate, but taking those accounts at face value, if proven I could foresee potential immigration/citizenship status consequences for them, separate from any criminal penalty.

These guys. I don’t care where they go, just get them the hell out of Canada.

The immigration interview of questionable applicants should be done by a woman wearing a tank top and lulu lemon shorts and the applicants reaction will surely indicate their suitability of becoming a citizen of Canada.

These guys. I don’t care where they go, just get them the hell out of Canada.

The immigration interview of questionable applicants should be done by a woman wearing a tank top and lulu lemon shorts and the applicants reaction will surely indicate their suitability of becoming a citizen of Canada.
Or an exceptionally flamboyant out-of-the-closet-and-proud gay man.

Of the 20 convicted to date, any info on how many of them are CDN citizens vs non-CDN citizens? Hoping that all of the non-CDN citizens are simply deported after serving out their time in prison.
FYI Deportation is a thing not only for cases like this, but lesser crimes. We have deported at least two to Somalia.....one to Australia and a few others I cannot recall the details on. And this is from a small jail in Manitoba.

Back