• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Just because an announcement gets made tomorrow, it does not mean it will ever get actioned.

Unless it is a cut. That gets actioned in a pico-second…
Anything announced has an overly optimistic schedule behind it, where the staff assume away all possible friction and also assume that their project will be the department's number one priority.

More fun is when someone in a cubicle makes a commitment unbeknownst to those responsible to execute said commitment, and hilarity ensues months later when those responsible are asked the status of the work they were never told about.

Trudeau just announced another $2.4 Billion in federal spending on AI Here.

Given the significant funding announcements by the Liberals in the last few weeks, I suspect that if anything less than a fully laid out roadmap for DND to get to 2% GDP and 20% of that going into capital projects as per NATO tgts and how we will use that funding, is presented tomorrow our allies and NATO will be greatly unimpressed.

I suspect it will make a great show of the currently announced procurements, support to UKR, some gibberish about culture change, some new funding in the millions to take effect in the early 2030s and some musings about recruitment.

None of which will make our allies think we are a serious country.

Trudeau just announced another $2.4 Billion in federal spending on AI Here.
Boondoggle. We already have companies that do that kind of thing - let them decide whether "the market" can support it, or whether it looks like it'll require endless subsidy - until the original partners take it public and clean up just before the subsidies stop, and the business folds leaving shareholders holding their losses and government out another lump of cash that might as well have been put to the torch.

Cthulu cares not for you regional economic benefit, only that you give your soul to the empty void (in this case not NDHQ).
One the other hand, Cthulhu has consistently achieved Succeeded+ on all his procurement deliverables. I hear they may make his acting position a substantive one any day now. Glad to have him on the Defence Team™!

One the other hand, Cthulhu has consistently achieved Succeeded+ on all his procurement deliverables. I hear they may make his acting position a substantive one any day now. Glad to have him on the Defence Team™!
You see cultists suffering from possession and madness, I see subordinates inspired by a leaders vision.

Back