• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Section 33 allows Parliament or the legislature of a province to derogate from certain sections of the Charter, namely section 2 (fundamental freedoms), sections 7 to 14 (legal rights) and section 15 (equality rights)

Oh, well it's a good thing Section 33 only allows Parliament to ignore the not important sections of the Charter...

For a minute there I thought you were suggesting that the whole bloody point of having a Charter could be eliminated by a section contained within that same Charter...I should have known that was too silly to possibly be the case!

Oh...wait...

I've never understood the point of having a Charter that can be suspended by the very entity the Charter is supposed to protect the people against (re the government)

They aren't fundamental rights if they can be revoked or suspended.

They are privileges the government allows us to have when things are going well, but if things start going bad they can suspend those privileges/rights - even if they are the ones causing things to go badly...

I wonder how long it will take the Chinese foreign nationals who previously worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology then being allowed to work in Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory, then sending classified information back to China per CSIS investigation, then have Liberal and NDP members of the investigative committee move to shut down the parliamentary investigation and the Government move to seal the record to keep investigation records away from Parliament and have Trudeau accuse anyone of commenting that Canadians should know about what happened about the fired Chinese citizens as being racist…will make its way through to the polls?

I wonder how long it will take the Chinese foreign nationals who previously worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology then being allowed to work in Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory, then sending classified information back to China per CSIS investigation, then have Liberal and NDP members of the investigative committee move to shut down the parliamentary investigation and the Government move to seal the record to keep investigation records away from Parliament and have Trudeau accuse anyone of commenting that Canadians should know about what happened about the fired Chinese citizens as being racist…will make its way through to the polls?
Likely reflected in the next polling. Assuming Canadians pay attention. Same as the arrive can app issue (which I don’t necessarily put on the sitting government but they will still wear it i think).

Section 33 allows Parliament or the legislature of a province to derogate from certain sections of the Charter, namely section 2 (fundamental freedoms), sections 7 to 14 (legal rights) and section 15 (equality rights)

Oh, well it's a good thing Section 33 only allows Parliament to ignore the not important sections of the Charter...

For a minute there I thought you were suggesting that the whole bloody point of having a Charter could be eliminated by a section contained within that same Charter...I should have known that was too silly to possibly be the case!

Oh...wait...

I've never understood the point of having a Charter that can be suspended by the very entity the Charter is supposed to protect the people against (re the government)

They are privileges the government allows us to have when things are going well, but if things start going bad they can suspend those privileges/rights - even if they are the ones causing things to go badly...
That’s why s.33 has an automatic five year sunset clause. Any such matter is automatically returned to the legislature and, ultimately, the voters. S.33 was a constitutional compromise to protect Parliamentary supremacy.

Likely reflected in the next polling. Assuming Canadians pay attention. Same as the arrive can app issue (which I don’t necessarily put on the sitting government but they will still wear it i think).
The government that brought in ArriveCan and then let it's costs balloon to their current state are both the same cast of characters.

I showed up to this party a bit late, or so I thought I had... (Maybe I did, or maybe I'm missing some things)

What was it about O'Toole that you liked so much more than PP??

(Actual question, I'm not as familiar with O'Toole as I perhaps should be)
O’Toole was a fiscal conservative, but most definitely not a social conservative. He was trying to take the “centrist” road, which ultimately led to his downfall as leader of the CPC.

The government that brought in ArriveCan and then let it's costs balloon to their current state are both the same cast of characters.
True. And they should wear that. But in this case as far as how the contract was issued etc I am more inclined to blaming people at various lower levels for gaming the system.

I wonder how long it will take the Chinese foreign nationals who previously worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology then being allowed to work in Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory (biosafety level 4), then sending classified information back to China per CSIS investigation....
It is worse than that.

Wuhan Institute of Virology was founded in 1956 and opened mainland China's first biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) laboratory[5] in 2018. The two scientists were doing China's biosafety level 4 work in Canada while the Wuhan was being built and made operational.

Trudeau is a Clear and Present Danger to Canada and our Allies.

It is worse than that.

Wuhan Institute of Virology was founded in 1956 and opened mainland China's Taiwan’s first biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) laboratory[5] in 2018. The two scientists were doing China's biosafety level 4 work in Canada while the Wuhan was being built and made operational.

Trudeau is a Clear and Present Danger to Canada and our Allies.
Just a fix…

only if the press keep it near the front page otherwise it will be yesterday's news by survey time

Oh...wait...

To paraphrase several people smarter than me around these parts, if politicians approve of an idea, it’s not because it’ll give them less power.

Just a thought. A freaking scary one.

How long before the international community gets tired of Justin and his not serious politics? What happens if we get cut off internationally? I am talking more than beyond five eyes. He turned down how many nations for LNG? He flip flopped on Israel-Hamas conflict.

Trade cut off? Resource management cut off? Booted out of NATO eventually?

Just a thought. A freaking scary one.

How long before the international community gets tired of Justin and his not serious politics? What happens if we get cut off internationally? I am talking more than beyond five eyes. He turned down how many nations for LNG? He flip flopped on Israel-Hamas conflict.

Trade cut off? Resource management cut off? Booted out of NATO eventually?
To expand on my last pots though.

We have expended our post ww2 dividend though. Existing agreements and such are likely not at risk but inclusion in any new initiatives be they trade or military or intelligence etc is likely going to be far more difficult unless we can bring something serious to the table. If we only underperform and punch below our weight class then it is a worry.

We stopped punching above our weight class a while ago.

O’Toole was a fiscal conservative, but most definitely not a social conservative. He was trying to take the “centrist” road, which ultimately led to his downfall as leader of the CPC.
He was also a patriot who wanted to take on the PRC and degrade their interference, intimidation and influence campaigns in this country. That was also his downfall.

Meanwhile, in a byelection in southern Ontario ....
Some say this is significant, others say byelections don't really say much about the OVERALL picture nationally - YMMV.

Some say this is significant, others say byelections don't really say much about the OVERALL picture nationally - YMMV.
It depends on whose side you're on......

Solid conservative seat for a couple decades… Tough to read much out of this particular one. A couple by-elections in ‘in contention’ ridings would be an interesting bellwether though.

Solid conservative seat for a couple decades… Tough to read much out of this particular one. A couple by-elections in ‘in contention’ ridings would be an interesting bellwether though.

Apparently its not the win is the margin of victory. He scored something like 55% of the votes. Which, the article states, is a measure more than usual.

Back