• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I ask my family doctor to fill in my Psychiatric form?

tienducmatthew

Inactive
Reaction score
They gave me the Psychiatric form and asked me to get it filled out. I sent it to my doctor in my old country and he denied to do it :I
So can I ask my family doctor to fill it out? Especially if I just have known her for 2 months so far. Really want to think about meeting with a real psychologist but it would take months... if not a year :(
At the moment, I am living well without any medication and don't need any follow-up

That’s all well and good, but you need a recognized professional to put their name on the form.

Say you know everything about building bridges. The powers that be will still want an engineer to sign off on your design, even if it’s perfect. The P.Eng is the magic formula that gets the OK. Same thing with your mental state - they want the pretty form, even if you’re perfectly fine. So get one.

So, it’s a pain in the butt, but if you want this, then you need to jump thru the hoops. Being willing to wait until the final t is crossed and the final i is dotted shows maturity, professionalism and patience. Make your psych appointment as rapidly as you can, wait out the time for a proper assessment. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find out positive, better information from an unbiased new source. Always look at the positive, see what you can get out of it.

That’s all well and good, but you need a recognized professional to put their name on the form.

Say you know everything about building bridges. The powers that be will still want an engineer to sign off on your design, even if it’s perfect. The P.Eng is the magic formula that gets the OK. Same thing with your mental state - they want the pretty form, even if you’re perfectly fine. So get one.

So, it’s a pain in the butt, but if you want this, then you need to jump thru the hoops. Being willing to wait until the final t is crossed and the final i is dotted shows maturity, professionalism and patience. Make your psych appointment as rapidly as you can, wait out the time for a proper assessment. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find out positive, better information from an unbiased new source. Always look at the positive, see what you can get out of it.
Thanks a lot, I will ask my family doctor to refer me to a psychologist then ^^

Back