• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

One of the speculations is that the amount of thrust caused more damage to the pad than anticipated , which threw up debris back into the engines, causing a chain of events to happen that led to the rocket failing.

FJAG Yes the concepts are known, but as you get into larger and larger craft with twice as much thrust, then things can go pear shape much easier. Plus factoring in that Starship is supposed to take off and land twice on each mission, you are getting into wizardry level rocket science. I also suspect Musk has a pretty strong grasp of rocket science and what it takes to make it happen.

@FJAG

Musk's company has developed revolutionary technical innovations in rocketry though.

The Falcon Family are a 10th of the cost of a Saturn Rocket and the fact significant portions are reusable is a significant innovation.

Personally, I think Musk is a genius and a heck of an entrepreneur and businessman. He and his companies are developing technologies that are changing the World.

We need a heck of a lot more Elon Musk's in the World. People like Elon Musk actually give me hope for the future. He certainly inspires more leadership than the sad political class in power in both Canada and the US.

He cannot hope to succeed; the demise of his enterprises is inevitable; why does he even bother to try; he is wasting resources that could be better spent elsewhere. Etc, etc.

@FJAG

Musk's company has developed revolutionary technical innovations in rocketry though.

The Falcon Family are a 10th of the cost of a Saturn Rocket and the fact significant portions are reusable is a significant innovation.

Personally, I think Musk is a genius and a heck of an entrepreneur and businessman. He and his companies are developing technologies that are changing the World.
I don't disagree with any of that (including the genius portion). My issue was limited to the hoopla of calling this mission a success when the failures were on elements that are essentially old tech (or enhancements to old tech). I applaud the overall project and its achievements to date.
We need a heck of a lot more Elon Musk's in the World. People like Elon Musk actually give me hope for the future. He certainly inspires more leadership than the sad political class in power in both Canada and the US.
I generally avoid fandom. Despite Musk's many, many positive aspects, he's a very flawed human being (as geniuses frequently are). I must admit that while I find his handiwork at Twitter entertaining, I have much less concern about what he's doing there than what the Liberals are doing with Bill C-11 which I consider truly frightening. My only hope is that much of it will fall down under S 2(b) of the Charter. That said, it can cause much harm before it gets punched down and there's always the risk that it will pass muster.

We have entirely too many laws and regulations in this country.

Now back to your regularly featured program on JT's failure to do anything positive in this country such as spending enough to ensure its security and credibility.

🍻

He cannot hope to succeed; the demise of his enterprises is inevitable; why does he even bother to try; he is wasting resources that could be better spent elsewhere. Etc, etc.
marvin-1.jpg

Now back to your regularly featured program on JT's failure to do anything positive in this country such as spending enough to ensure its security and credibility.

🍻
Yes please - Elon et al won't do a darn thing other than yak alot.

"The world needs more Canada" - and much less of the guy who said this.

@FJAG

Elon has a vision of the future for humanity, the intelligence to know what's truly achievable & what isn't, what's dangerous & what isn't, and the drive to get us going in the right direction.

It seems like he's the super smart, crazy hard working guy just dragging the rest of us along with him the best he can

Write the contracts elimination "weasel" clauses and with hard production dates/goals.

Public sector tenders always want something for nothing because they routinely underestimate costs, effort and time, so why not promise them what they want so you can win the bid.... and then 'change order' them into the poor house? ;)

Reactions: ueo
@FJAG

342216961_1245355086094259_107182962249811983_n.jpg

Write the contracts elimination "weasel" clauses and with hard production dates/goals.
I would also remove any Canadian industry points if they have to "retool and build production lines" in order to produce the items.

Buying international for delivery in 2 years is better use of funds than waiting 15 years for Irving, Bombardier, or some other company in Ste. Caliss de Poutain to get their shit together.

Back