• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel hits Hamas with airstrikes; rockets kill 3 Israelis

Also the IDF has turned to using semi-auto .22's to injury rioters in the leg, avoiding the calls for vengeance and condemnation for killing 16 year sacrificial lambs (as in kids).

Also welcome to pallywood
bad parenting right there, they deliberately send their children to scream, shout, and push those troops while they film the whole thing hoping for a negative reaction.

Who knew living under a terror group would lead to such results? Better to be a Palestinian living in Israel than an Israeli living in Palestine.

The recent peace deal between Israel and the UAE sounds exactly like what you are describing. Arab states now have less of an interest of trying to fight with Israel, instead focusing on an anti-Iranian alliance. Why does the UN keep doing the most counterintuitive things ever?
Have to hand it to you medic5 you're very articulate for 16. You seem to grasp the situation better than many adults.

bad parenting right there, they deliberately send their children to scream, shout, and push those troops while they film the whole thing hoping for a negative reaction.
It takes a real hero to shove their kids into the faces of the "enemy" troops...

I was impressed by the restraint of the IDF troops, kids grabbing at their weapons were just laughed at. I have a feeling most other westernized troops wouldn't be so kind, though I'm sure if exposed to it often enough they could learn.

As the saying goes, there will be peace in the ME when Palestinians love their children more than they hate the Israelis.
This latest conflict shows how important the social media game is, you look at any post about the current conflict and its filled with anti Israel messages by accounts created recently. Hamas and others know just as well as us how important the information war is.

It’ll keep going so long as the Arabs are content to see Israel hand it back to Iran via Hamas. Sadly the Palestinians are the pawns in the latest ME proxy war chapter.

According to a friend of mine over there Israel has sent SoF into Gaza, and their general staff have said the only acceptable outcome is the complete surrender of Hamas.

According to a friend of mine over there Israel has sent SoF into Gaza, and their general staff have said the only acceptable outcome is the complete surrender of Hamas.
If the rest of the Arab world won't get involved it's the best time for it. Gaza is densely populated which would make action by ground forces difficult.

If the rest of the Arab world won't get involved it's the best time for it. Gaza is densely populated which would make action by ground forces difficult.
Depends on the strategy, they might start with targeting raids to eliminate the leadership, destroy weapons caches, etc... I would imagine if a large ground offensive is in the works then their reserves are already mobilized, and the operation is being planned out.

"28 Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel hits Hamas with airstrikes; rockets kill 3 Israelis"

That title is why things go on and on. The rockets preceded the airstrikes, but most people would not infer that from the order of the statements.

"28 Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel hits Hamas with airstrikes; rockets kill 3 Israelis"

That title is why things go on and on. The rockets preceded the airstrikes, but most people would not infer that from the order of the statements.
There was also the footage of the Iron Dome intercepting not a small number of things going inbound.

I had a discussion with a co worker a number of years ago about this very conflict. Her thoughts were the Israelis were at fault and shouldn't do such things.
Such is the sad state of education about the Holocaust.

Interesting title coming from CBC, a taxpayer funded organization.

Regarding the social media war, this is completely true. The Israelis are losing it. Say something pro Israel on Twitter or Reddit? Prepare to be sent a lot of polite replies. It's even more pronounced within younger generations, my classmates don't even understand who or what Hamas is, just read the headline then repost with some sort of outraged line.

I've attached some screenshots of what I've seen my peers repost, and I am quite shocked to say the least. How did Hamas get the younger population to side with a terror group that regularly launches rockets against civilians?

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    952.5 KB · Views: 15
How did Hamas get the younger population to side with a terror group that regularly launches rockets against civilians?
Simple. They don't talk about the "launching rockets against civilians" part.

I'm extremely uninformed about this entire area, any books or writing you would recommend?
If you took all the paper from all the trees that were made into books written about the Israeli-Arab conflict you could cover most of North America. But, I will make some recommendations:

• Righteous Victims: A History of the Zionist-Arab Conflict 1881 - 2001 by Benny Morris;
  • A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East by David Fromkin;
  • One Palestine Complete: Jews and Arabs Under the British Mandate by Tom Segev; and,
* Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations by Ronen Bergman.

While the first three cover different time periods, there is overlap and any one of them will give you a good background on the conflict.

The last one, Rise and Kill First, gives you an in-depth account of Israel's responses to Arab terrorist attacks. Hint: it doesn't usually idea well for people who get on Israel's bad side. There is also a chapter on how after WW2 Israel went after some of the Nazi's responsible for the Holocaust.

I've attached some screenshots of what I've seen my peers repost, and I am quite shocked to say the least. How did Hamas get the younger population to side with a terror group that regularly launches rockets against civilians?
Looks like your peers reposted from @eye.on.palestein instagram's post from 3 days ago.

For all that we may say about the GOB (the Great Orange Buffoon AKA Donald J Trump), and heaven knows I've said a lot, almost all of it unpleasant, he did organize or manage or facilitate or, maybe, just stand aside for the Abraham Accords which have normalized diplomatic relations between Israel and several Sunni Muslim Arab states. We, and that includes me, have not given enough credit for that.

The argument against the Abraham Accords is that they are just a formal recognition of the strategic reality. For the Sunni Arabs Israel is an unwelcome neighbour, a stone in the shoe, so to say, something you wish wasn't there but which is not an existential threat. Iran is the reverse, for the Saudi-led Sunnis. So the enemy of my enemy and all that, right? There is, I think, a bit more than that at play but I agree that is the base for the Sunni Arabs' strategic calculus.

Iran "values" Israel as an enemy. It can argue that it is arming against and acting against the Jews when, in fact, it is pursuing its strategic aims in the ongoing Islamic civil war.

There are some outliers, of course: America, Pakistan (because it has nuclear weapons ~ the so-called Muslim bomb) and because of Pakistan India and China, too.

But, both the Sunni Arabs and the Iranians are united on one issue: the Palestinians are expendable.

If you took all the paper from all the trees that were made into books written about the Israeli-Arab conflict you could cover most of North America. But, I will make some recommendations:

• Righteous Victims: A History of the Zionist-Arab Conflict 1881 - 2001 by Benny Morris;
  • A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East by David Fromkin;
  • One Palestine Complete: Jews and Arabs Under the British Mandate by Tom Segev; and,
* Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations by Ronen Bergman.

While the first three cover different time periods, there is overlap and any one of them will give you a good background on the conflict.

The last one, Rise and Kill First, gives you an in-depth account of Israel's responses to Arab terrorist attacks. Hint: it doesn't usually idea well for people who get on Israel's bad side. There is also a chapter on how after WW2 Israel went after some of the Nazi's responsible for the Holocaust.
The Podcast The Good Assassin is worth listening to. It gives you some background on how effective the Israelis can be.

For some context of the situation, here is a photo my friend shared with me of the aftermath of a strike on Hamas's tunnel network, causing the road to collapse.

Attachments

• IMG-20210513-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210513-WA0004.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 9
Back