Author Topic: Keeping wounded in CF - merged super-thread  (Read 138356 times)

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Keeping wounded in CF - merged super-thread
« Reply #475 on: July 07, 2018, 20:38:05 »
If that is the case, then rather than allow him to defer maybe the CM should remind him of the consequences of posting avoidance. I totally agree, you can't have your cake and eat it too. When people like this are accommodated for no real reason. It has a ripple effect. Rather than create a hole at the old rank which could be filled as per the CMs plan. Maybe a member really needs a CCM to that spot, which now can't be filled.
Please show me where I said they were allowed to defer.  Even better, show me where I even used the word “defer”, because I didn’t.

I used “decline” which is a totally different thing than “defer” because it means you don’t get promoted, at all, that year and will only be promoted in the future should you rank high enough another year.

As with your first response, you’re reading into my post and complaining about something that isn’t even there.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2018, 20:01:04 »
In order to qualify for a compassionate posting, you must be assigned compassionate status. Otherwise it is simply a contingency cost move for personal reasons and there must be a position available in that MOS and at that rank at the location the member wants to be posted to.

You are right about Compassionate Posting, but it is opposite pertaining to Compassioante Status. Ref Compassionate Posting, there does not have to be a position in their Mosid available. See the Grievance below
https://www.canada.ca/en/military-grievances-external-review/services/case-summaries/case-2016-005.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/military-grievances-external-review/services/case-summaries/case-2015-110.html

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #477 on: July 11, 2018, 15:50:39 »
You are right, the word defer has a different connotation than decline. Poor choice of a word on my part. To restate my position, I think the response from the CM should be, "you don't qualify for compassionate or a CCM, so you can take your promotion or not but you are still being posted." The CM only has so many cost moves, so if he knew a member wanted to stay and s/he didn't need the member somewhere else, then there would have been no posting offered.

Please show me where I said they were allowed to defer.  Even better, show me where I even used the word “defer”, because I didn’t.

I used “decline” which is a totally different thing than “defer” because it means you don’t get promoted, at all, that year and will only be promoted in the future should you rank high enough another year.

As with your first response, you’re reading into my post and complaining about something that isn’t even there.