Linked Events

• Swearing in ceremony in Montreal: September 29, 2010

Author Topic: Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]  (Read 241667 times)

Offline benny88

• Rate Post
Re: Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2008, 23:39:56 »
You won't be kidnapped immediately after swearing in, other than that, I don't think anyone here can help you without more info about your situation. I'm a RegF OCdt and I was sworn in about 3 months before my course started, but I have no idea if that's the norm.
The people trying to make this world worse, are not taking a day off.

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • You can deprive the body but the soul needs choco!
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2008, 23:41:26 »
but I have no idea if that's the norm.

... and the norm may not be applicable to you...
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline benny88

• Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2008, 23:44:35 »
... and the norm may not be applicable to you...

Aaah, touche. Bplante, give us some more info and I'm sure we can help you out.

Offline Bplante

• Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2008, 00:29:11 »
Ok, in fact it's about a girl. A ex-girlfriend back in my life. I don't know what will happen. I swear tursday and I start BMOQ 5 may. My plan is to swear and see what going on with the ex-girlfriend. If I see that our relation won't work. I'll go for my BMOQ. And if it's working, I think I'll stay in civi with here...

That my situation

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2008, 00:32:38 »
Ok, in fact it's about a girl. A ex-girlfriend back in my life. I don't know what will happen. I swear tursday and I start BMOQ 5 may. My plan is to swear and see what going on with the ex-girlfriend. If I see that our relation won't work. I'll go for my BMOQ. And if it's working, I think I'll stay in civi with here...

That my situation

Stay with her.

Whether she says yes or no, stay civi.

A whole lot of neat vocations for a fella like yourself. 

dileas

tess
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline benny88

• Rate Post
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2008, 00:37:28 »
Stay with her.

dileas

tess

As an alternative, leave her, join the CF and don't look back. If you think she'll have problems with you going to BMQ, what will she do when you deploy? If you want this bad, frig girls.

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2008, 00:47:48 »

As an alternative, leave her, join the CF and don't look back. If you think she'll have problems with you going to BMQ, what will she do when you deploy? If you want this bad, frig girls.

And if it's working, I think I'll stay in civi with here...

If this is all it takes to stop you from serving, then;

Stay with her.

dileas

tess

dileas

tess
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline derael

• Deeds, not words.
  • Rate Post
  • The True North, Strong and Free
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2008, 01:23:37 »
Girls come and go. When the right one comes along she'll stick around for the ride. When you have to make huge concessions in your life to suit her needs it's really not worth it.

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." -Mark Twain
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pine

Offline Bplante

• Rate Post
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:07 »
My main question wasn't if I should go in the CF. I ask if I can swear in and change my mind without penalty between the swearing in and the starting day ?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2008, 09:38:37 »
My main question wasn't if I should go in the CF. I ask if I can swear in and change my mind without penalty between the swearing in and the starting day ?

Make up you mind now.  If you don't want to go, tell the CFRC that you don't want to "Swear In". 

If you still want to join the CF, ask the CFRC what will happen after you "Swear In" in regards to timings for your leaving for your BMQ.  No one here has access to your file, nor access to what travel arrangements the CFRC has made for you.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Celticgirl

• Rate Post
  • 413 Sqn OR Clk
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:27 »

Bplante, I think that you are getting the responses you are re: not joining the CF because it seems that you are not 100% committed. If you are not 100% committed, don't waste the CF's time and money when there are people out there who would give anything to get that call.

Personally, I am looking at being away from my young daughter for upwards of a year during the initial training period. (Still waiting for my call.) In the future, there may be courses and deployments that take me away from her again. Ergo, I am making a huge sacrifice for a career in the military. And you can't sacrifice time with an ex-girlfriend to do 13 weeks of basic training? This sounds to me like someone who is unsure of his choice to join and who is looking for a possible way out. Any woman who truly loves you will still be there when you are done your training. I know my man will be.

In any case, I agree with George Wallace. Don't swear in if you are having doubts.
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. ~ Malcolm X

Offline Smode

• Simple Life
  • Rate Post
  • Young Pte Looking To Gain Knowledge
    • Just some random uploads.
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2008, 10:06:24 »
Ill tell you right now, Dont get sworn in if you have any doubts now. Trust me I know a lot of people who have been put as NIS. And That means after they swore in they did not want to show up anymore so they got listed as that. Basiclly means you can never work for the government again.

The military is a commitment, Deployments may take you away for as long as a year or even more. Training will take your summers, and exsersies will take your weekends. But thats what being in the CF is all about, its about being committed and being ready to act at ANY given moment. If you have a Girlfriend and she truly loves you, then i'm pretty sure  she could allow you to be gone. I do it fine and sure I miss her but she understands. So ill tell you right now, if your not 100% committed than.....you will never be.
"What You Do In Life Echoes In Eternity"
"One Must Always Look forward to the future, for One Does Not Know Who Will Come"

Offline Bplante

• Rate Post
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2008, 10:15:52 »
Thanks everyone, for opinion, advice !

Offline Archilochus

• Rate Post
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2008, 10:44:13 »
I hear a lot of talk about swearing in on a bible. As I am not Christian I wish not to be sworn in on something that has no bearing to me. Is there another way I can be sworn in? What do I say or ask?
My spear is my bread,
My spear is my wine,
I lean on my spear as I drink my wine,

aesop081

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2008, 10:51:08 »
Is there another way I can be sworn in?

Yes

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2008, 11:21:07 »
It is called a "Solemn Oath".
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline TheLine

• Rate Post
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2008, 12:19:44 »
I have my enrollment ceremony,  in the next Little while. I was just wondering though. I'm going into the reserves, and I believe i'm starting my BMQ in September I know you normally work one day a  week, one weekend a month kinda thing. But does the frequency of this change if you are doing your BMQ? Like every weekend kinda thing or is it the same as always and you doing your your training one day a week one weekend a month?

Basically what I'm aking is if I'm doing my BMQ for the reserves in September, do you do more then one day a week one weekend a month of training?

aesop081

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2008, 12:24:13 »
Yes

Offline Spectrum

sociopath since 2007.

• I'm from the government; I'm here to help you
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2008, 14:09:50 »
Dates will vary but expect at least two weekends per month for the duration of your course.

Offline RMT

• Rate Post
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2008, 04:24:54 »
I think Theline is refering to his parade nights and weekend trg from his reserve unit. Personally, I've heard two version of this. The first is units saying don't come to parade when on course. The other is that no order was given to come or not come to parade. I personally went to parade while on course but I'm sure that I would not be expected to show if I submitted a memo.

Offline Smode

• Simple Life
  • Rate Post
  • Young Pte Looking To Gain Knowledge
    • Just some random uploads.
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2008, 20:54:39 »
As a reservist its your responsability to get training in. This means you will only go as far as the time you put in.

Most reserve units Parade one night a week, some do it twice. Also you will usually have one weekend EX per month going from Friday - Sunday night. During course you will go off for training in the summer. THis means you will be sent to bordon or somewhere for a month or two. If you are doing a weekend course its still your responsibility to show up for Parade nights. It shows your dedication and your commitment to the military.
"What You Do In Life Echoes In Eternity"
"One Must Always Look forward to the future, for One Does Not Know Who Will Come"

Offline RoxyRoller

• Rate Post
Swearing In
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2008, 13:29:23 »
Hello,

I'm swearing in July 9th at CFRC Toronto. I am to be there at 0745 and guests are to arrive at 1245. I was curious to know if anyone has any information as to what I might be doing for the 5 hours before my actual swear in. I'm figuring it could be paperwork..anyone have any idea?? Thank you very much.

Offline Intelligent Design

• Rate Post
Re: Swearing In
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2008, 13:37:53 »
If you haven't already signed all your paperwork and declarations, then that's what you will be doing. I had at least 2 hours worth of paperwork to sign before I was sworn in, but I did it on a separate day, a few days before my actual swear in date.
"You silly basterd, you've got no arms left!"
"Yes I have! Look!"

Offline dukkadukka

• Rate Post
  • Infinite goes in both directions.
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2008, 14:04:02 »
Hello,

I'm swearing in July 9th at CFRC Toronto. I am to be there at 0745 and guests are to arrive at 1245. I was curious to know if anyone has any information as to what I might be doing for the 5 hours before my actual swear in. I'm figuring it could be paperwork..anyone have any idea?? Thank you very much.

Wow!! I will never complain again.  I thought I had it bad with a mere 45 minutes! (I swear in on the 8th!)
Quitting becomes an epidemic. If you quit once, you'll quit again. (Though not about smoking... quit that.)

Omnia Mea Mecum Porto

Offline Justin74

• Rate Post
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2008, 14:13:02 »
I swear in on July 10 th at 10:00 am.