Author Topic: Chick-fil-A Derangement Syndrome  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Chick-fil-A Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 19:25:48 »
Zackly - just like all those yellow vest convoy participants not too long ago.  I don't recall many people asking about their leave or job status during the protest.

I myself didn't think about it at the time. Maybe people felt supporting the oil and gas industry was more significant than people protesting a chicken joint who's owners subscribe to the no same sex stuff from the Bible.

Same sex marriage is legal in Canada. That's not changing. These people are just protesting someone else's religious opinions.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 19:30:33 »
If we were talking about polyamorous relationships between free-ranging adults, rather than brain-washed children, I would have absolutely no problem with it.

Some women might have absolutely no problem with it.

Why most women benefit from polygamy and most men benefit from monogamy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200802/the-paradox-polygamy-ii-why-most-women-benefit-polygamy
George Bernard Shaw observed, “The maternal instinct leads a woman to prefer a tenth share in a first rate man to the exclusive possession of a third rate one.”

Or, as the comedian Bill Maher asked his panel on his TV show Politically Incorrect on January 7, 1998, “Would you rather be the second or third wife of Mel Gibson or the only wife of Willard Scott?”, to which one of the panelists, the conservative commentator and activist Susan Carpenter McMillan, responded, “If it comes to Mel Gibson, I wouldn’t care if I was one, two, or three.” Of course, this was back when Mel Gibson was highly desirable. Substitute Matt Damon for Mel Gibson. The cast of characters changes in a decade, but the principle remains the same.

All this talk about "free-ranging" adults and chickens reminds me of the old joke,

When Calvin Coolidge was president, the President and Mrs. Coolidge were being shown [separately] around an experimental government farm. When [Mrs. Coolidge] came to the chicken yard she noticed that a rooster was mating very frequently. She asked the attendant how often that happened and was told, "Dozens of times each day." Mrs. Coolidge said, "Tell that to the President when he comes by." Upon being told, the President asked, "Same hen every time?" The reply was, "Oh, no, Mr. President, a different hen every time." President: "Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge."

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 20:07:29 by mariomike »

Offline FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • Google Sites Wolf Riedel
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 20:15:26 »
 :rofl:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" and "Mark Winters, CID" book series at:
https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WolfRiedelAuthor/

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 20:47:14 »
Maybe people felt supporting the oil and gas industry was more significant than people protesting a chicken joint who's owners subscribe to the no same sex stuff from the Bible.
For sure, and nothing wrong with either as long as it's all clean & civil.  It's just that I've seen others on social media
questioning the employment/leave status of one kind of protester while they protest without asking the same questions of other kinds.
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 21:27:41 »
For sure, and nothing wrong with either as long as it's all clean & civil.  It's just that I've seen others on social media
questioning the employment/leave status of one kind of protester while they protest without asking the same questions of other kinds.

Thats fair. I'm being a hypocrite if I look at it. This chick a fill protest seems stupid to me.and a waste of time, leading me to wonder about who's doing it. That oil and gas stuff seems way more important. Hell if anything this protest gave them free publicity. I had no idea they were coming to or in Canada before I read this.

In my opinion Brad's comment nails what I see the LBQGT crowd is guilty of a lot.

It sure is easy to become oppressive while claiming to fight oppression.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 21:57:58 »
I'm being a hypocrite if I look at it.
That's too harsh - if you get it and say it out loud, that's doing way better than some who don't get it.

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 22:01:13 »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 22:07:56 by mariomike »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 10:00:57 »
WOW!

I had never heard of Chik-fil-A before these protests started, as have many others. 

One could never ask for so much FREE ADVERTISING as this.  Any advertising, good or bad, attracts the consumer's attention.  In this case, people are flocking to the business to see what it is all about.

I think we can chalk this up as a "FAIL" for the LBGT+ community.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 10:22:25 »
I had no idea they were coming to or in Canada before I read this.
There was one in Calgary a few years back, but it went out of business;  I guess Albertans know enough about 10w30 oil not to want it on their food.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 10:27:46 »
 :rofl:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:35:15 by mariomike »

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:28 »
Winnipeg got a Popeye's Chicken joint and one is opening near me soon.

I didn't see any bodybuilders or muscular sailor type cartoon characters protesting that.

Ack ack ack ack ack.  ;D
+300
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 11:27:41 »
I have had Popeye's and its good stuff like their beans and rice.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 15:04:43 »
I have had Popeye's and its good stuff like their beans and rice.

Saw this about their beans and rice,

San Antonio woman sues over flesh-eating screwworms in Popeyes rice and beans
https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/San-Antonio-woman-sues-over-flesh-eating-10924116.php

Any advertising, good or bad, attracts the consumer's attention. 

That's true.  :boke:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 15:09:21 by mariomike »

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 15:27:12 »
I happen to like burgers and fried chicken. In the States each region does chicken differenrly. My mom pan fried her chicken instead of deep frying it. Some places do broasted chicken which is also pretty good from a health standpoint.

https://skillet.lifehacker.com/how-to-make-the-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-but-better-1838038149
+450

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 16:43:38 »
I used to like Kenny Rogers Chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVMo0K9u_s
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2019, 17:40:22 »

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #42 on: Today at 12:13:00 »
I personally witnessed the most outrageous behaviour of any store employees when a family of black people was told their type was not welcome in the restaurant. 

I've seen nothing but great customer service at the Chik Fil A's I've been to.

In fact, I'm willing to file this statement of yours under "things that never happened for 500".  Given today's saturation with media (smart phones, etc), any such blatant behaviour gets reported and goes viral in mere minutes.  Chik Fil A as a corporation would not tolerate any such behaviour, that's for certain.
So, there I was....

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: Today at 12:27:46 »

In fact, I'm willing to file this statement of yours under "things that never happened for 500".  Given today's saturation with media (smart phones, etc), any such blatant behaviour gets reported and goes viral in mere minutes.  Chik Fil A as a corporation would not tolerate any such behaviour, that's for certain.

I was in South Carolina at a family thing.  everyone there was bonkers for that place. I tried it and it was so so.  I didn't quite get the hype.  But from what I saw it was a normal fast food place.  With all the normal service industry type scenarios.  good service , bad service, good customers, bad customers you see in just about every fast food chain that deal in a high volume demanding customer base.   
Optio

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #44 on: Today at 13:52:32 »

At least for once we have a thread skipping the nonsense and going right to one serving member directly calling another a liar. This should be entertaining.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: Today at 14:40:10 »
At least for once we have a thread skipping the nonsense and going right to one serving member directly calling another a liar.
Well, to be fair, it's not a politics thread.   :stirpot:

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: Today at 15:32:23 »
I used to like Kenny Rogers Chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVMo0K9u_s
It's only recently that I found out this was a REAL chain.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter