Author Topic: Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]  (Read 190018 times)

Offline dunn21

• Rate Post
Merit list and delays
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2016, 15:44:13 »

Hello all, i am done my medical and also my interview since Febuary, both went great. I had to wait for courses to be accepted since i was in the reserves in the past. They are approved although i do not know if all of them or simply my basic was approved. I am now waiting to get merit listed and selected since March. I call my RC every two weeks for a status update and always the same answer `` final processing``. What are the usual delays for that and merit listing?? Anyone know??

Thank you very much in advance, Cheers

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Merit list and delays
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2016, 16:07:37 »
dunn21

SPAMMING this site with the exact same question in different threads is frowned upon.

Topic LOCKED for DELETION.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Merit list and delays
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2016, 16:41:07 »
From the READ FIRST stickied post on the Ask a CAF Recruiter forum at http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,115341.0.html (you did read that first, right, in that whole minute between registering and posting?):

"Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as "CAF Recruiter" are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

"This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

"We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

"If you are a Canadian Armed Forces member or work in recruiting, and notice a discrepancy in the information provided in this section, please private message one of the team members and we will rectify the issue as soon as possible. Keep in mind that the members of this team work for the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters, and therefore have access to the most recent policies."

The information that you seek is already here on this Site. You just have to look for it.

I have deleted your other post.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: The Merit List Mega Thread of Questions
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2016, 11:43:25 »
For reference,

Merit List Timing 

How long does it take to get put on the merit list after your file is cleared? 

Good Day,

Once Headquarters is informed that your file is ready for the merit list, the length of time varies for actually being put on the merit list.  If you are trying to get into a trade that is full for the year you will remain in the pre-Merit List category until that trade opens up again.  As long as you are applying for occupations that are still open it normally does not take long for your file to be placed on the merit list though.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
Merit Listed
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2017, 17:28:28 »
I see that a lot on here but have no clue as to what that is. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Merit Listed
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2017, 18:30:25 »
I see that a lot on here but have no clue as to what that is. Can someone help me?

'Twould be to your benefit to learn to help yourself. There is a Search Function here, and a method of using Google to search the Site. Increased familiarity would help, as well. This topic is, like many others, stickied at the top of its sub-forum to further aid people in finding it. Take some time and read through older threads, especially the stickied ones, as they are the most popular. By doing so, you will learn much and likely find answers to other questions before they even occur to you.

Lastly, you do not have a unit yet as you are an applicant. Please correct your profile.

Offline Daishi

• Rate Post
« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2017, 20:55:06 »
Hello all,

I got a call a few days ago saying that I needed to go in to re-do my medical (since it expired as its been more then a year).... after I JUST re-did my refrences and clearance checks as those expired as well.

The fellow also mentioned that I WAS merit listed for Armour Officer.

What exactly does this mean? After I re-do my medical, does it have to be sent back to Ottawa rubber stamped then sent back and THEN I start the wait process again before I MIGHT get the call for basic?

And Am I right in thinking that I have until March/April of 2018 before my application and medical expire again?

Been going on 2 years now, I just want the job already, haha.

Thanks!

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2017, 10:38:00 »
Hello,

As for the medical going to Ottawa, it would depend on if there was something specifically that needed the RMO's approval for your application to continue.  You should pose this question to the Medical Staff who did your medical as they're the only ones who can tell you whether your file needs to goto Ottawa for medical approval or not.

You are right in thinking that in March/April 2018 should you not be selected by then that you will need to redo your application (minus CFAT / TSD as they're good for life).

Offline AKF7

• Rate Post
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2017, 13:21:19 »
Hi All,

I've been in the extensive process of applying for Pilot over the past 2 years and have finally been merit/competition listed. My recruiting centre mentioned I "should hear back soon but no guarantee as to when", can anyone speak to when the selection dates are for Pilot? Is there a possibility I wont be selected at all? My RC is making it sound like it isnt a matter of "if" but "when" which is encouraging. Ive been waiting for about a month now.

Sincerely,

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2017, 13:25:05 »
can anyone speak to when the selection dates are for Pilot?

Selection Dates 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=112790.1050
53 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Offline ceramicoatmeal

• Rate Post
Re: Merit List Mega Thread of Questions
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2017, 11:20:53 »
Hello all, relatively new here. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

I recently begun finally enlisting after having military at the back of my head since high school. I'm currently 21 and have finally took initiative and sent in the last of my documents required, the medical tests and such, 3 weeks ago. Now I have to hurry up and wait, as they say. I applied for the Air Force, Aerospace Control & Airborne Sensory Operators.

I was just wondering what sort of time frame I would be looking at, if I should call about the status of my medical reports and if I'm on the merit list. Do you think it's possible to be at BMQ by September or October? When I was being interviewed, the man said I didn't need to worry and said the end of summer could be a possibility. I'm pretty excited to get going.

Offline BeyondTheNow

I came. I saw. I made it awkward...

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2017, 15:56:38 »
Hello CO:

Welcome to Army.ca. You'll find a ton of information on this site about everything you can think of, including the questions you asked above.

Give our search engine a try and pay particularly close attention to the Recruiting threads when you're logged on. There's a good possibility you'll come across users in your area to share info with, coupled with the answers you're seeking.

In terms of time frames, you'll find that every applicant's file is different--some get in very quickly, others not so much. There are many variables which contribute to processing length.

Enjoy your time here and good luck going forward!
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline ceramicoatmeal

• Rate Post
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2017, 20:44:19 »
Hello CO:

Welcome to Army.ca. You'll find a ton of information on this site about everything you can think of, including the questions you asked above.

Give our search engine a try and pay particularly close attention to the Recruiting threads when you're logged on. There's a good possibility you'll come across users in your area to share info with, coupled with the answers you're seeking.

In terms of time frames, you'll find that every applicant's file is different--some get in very quickly, others not so much. There are many variables which contribute to processing length.

Enjoy your time here and good luck going forward!

Thank you! I appreciate the info as well.

Offline LND Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2017, 16:33:24 »
Hello,

As for the medical going to Ottawa, it would depend on if there was something specifically that needed the RMO's approval for your application to continue.  You should pose this question to the Medical Staff who did your medical as they're the only ones who can tell you whether your file needs to goto Ottawa for medical approval or not.

You are right in thinking that in March/April 2018 should you not be selected by then that you will need to redo your application (minus CFAT / TSD as they're good for life).

Hello Buck_HRA,

I was wondering if you could help with a couple questions if you have time :) once you're medical is complete do they only send to Ottawa if they need more approval? The day of my medical I had elevated BP so they required a doctors note so I went right to the doctor after my medical and my BP was perfect , so I handed in my forms that same day (the medic was gone so I left with the front desk) so I emailed them 2 weeks later to confirm if the medic had received my forms , the medic called me that day so I'm assuming he didn't know I had dropped off the forms already until after I emailed, he basically just called and went over the doctors note and said "ok then" and hung up the phone on me without saying anything or telling me if I passed the medical or not... so I am kind of confused with whats going on now so I think I will call the RC tomorrow and see where I am at in the process .. I am hoping I don't need more medical approval, I would just like conformation that I have passed the medical , Id assume if he required further documents or follow he would of told me on the phone?

Thank you for your time
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 21:30:46 by LND Infantry »
Recruiting center: London
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 03, 2017
First contact: April 03, 2017
CFAT: April 27, 2017
Interview: May 18, 2017
Medical: June 7, 2017
Merit listed: ?
Position Offer: July 26, 2017
Enrollment: Oct 03 , 2017
BMQ: Oct 16, 2017

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #264 on: June 23, 2017, 11:15:24 »
Good Day,

All medical files are ultimately reviewed by Medical in Ottawa.  Being that you presented issues during the appointment, even though you were cleared after will require that the Medical Staff will need to review your file.

Best Regards

Offline LND Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2017, 14:01:29 »
Thank you for your response

Offline LND Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2017, 13:23:55 »
Called RC last week , he said medic approved everything and my file is sent to Ottawa now waiting on approval and then merit list , he said to call back in 30 days to touch base.... now the waiting begins ...  :nod:

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2017, 14:53:30 »
My references were called and completed last week. Called today to see if that meant my background/security was done and he said we might have it back that he wasn't sure and that my trade is competitive. I suppose ill leave it for a couple weeks and call back to see... hurry up and get sent to mpac! haha

Offline LND Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2017, 16:00:58 »
My references were called and completed last week. Called today to see if that meant my background/security was done and he said we might have it back that he wasn't sure and that my trade is competitive. I suppose ill leave it for a couple weeks and call back to see... hurry up and get sent to mpac! haha

Have you done you're interview and medical already? what trade are you going for?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2017, 16:21:29 »
what trade are you going for?

I'm looking at trying to enter under the MP trade

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2017, 09:32:42 »
Have you done you're interview and medical already? what trade are you going for?

Yes i completed my medical and interview in back to back weeks. I guess i lucked out because the week after my interview my references were already contacted! I must admit though just over a year ago I closed my file for another trade so my CFAT was done and medical basically just needed to be updated. MPAC is for Military Police.. that interview is the next step once my file gets sent away from recruiting (Kingston for me). I'm trying not to bug them to much, ill wait until mid week, next week, to get another update! Good luck.. patience... patience ha ha

Offline Kaiserschlact 1918

• Rate Post
« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2017, 09:44:12 »
How exactly are you contacted when you make the Merit List? Do they call you like when you get a job offer? Or do they let you know by email?
Thanks,
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2017, 13:52:26 »
Good Day

How exactly are you contacted when you make the Merit List? Do they call you like when you get a job offer? Or do they let you know by email?
Thanks,
You are not contacted when you are placed on the Competition List (formally called Merit List).  If you are selected from the competition for an offer of employment you are normally contacted approximately 7-10 days after a selection has occurred informing you of the job offer.

Offline Lighter321

• Rate Post
Re: Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]
« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2017, 22:58:26 »
Hey guys, just wanted to know if my recruitment centre will call/email me when I got merit listed?

Thanks

Offline K-Nato87

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]
« Reply #274 on: July 06, 2017, 23:08:41 »
Hey guys, just wanted to know if my recruitment cenitre will call/email me when I got merit listed?

Thanks

Good Day
You are not contacted when you are placed on the Competition List (formally called Merit List).  If you are selected from the competition for an offer of employment you are normally contacted approximately 7-10 days after a selection has occurred informing you of the job offer.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Application Date: June 2016
First Contact: June 2016
TSD: July 6 2016
Medical: March 21 2017
Interview: March 21 2017
Competition List: April 2017
Position Offered: April 6 2017
Enrollment/Swear in: July 19 2017