Poll

How do I speed up transfer?

1 (100%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Supp res to primary res CT  (Read 966 times)

Offline Cwes

• Rate Post
Supp res to primary res CT
« on: July 21, 2017, 18:45:59 »
I released from the Reg force in December. I was supposed to directly transfer to the Primary Reserves but the release personnel didn't do their job.

I was transferred to the supp res and have been waiting to get in ever since, it would appear as though the administration is complicated or the clerks are being misled by the brigade reservists.

Any suggestions?

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: Supp res to primary res CT
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 18:52:58 »
I released from the Reg force in December. I was supposed to directly transfer to the Primary Reserves but the release personnel didn't do their job.

I was transferred to the supp res and have been waiting to get in ever since, it would appear as though the administration is complicated or the clerks are being misled by the brigade reservists.

Any suggestions?

Something very similar happened to me. My solution was to approach the PRes unit I was interested in and have them start the ball. It took me less than two months.

The Army reserve is not know for their recruiting efficiency... go Navy!
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline Cwes

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 21:54:29 »
Ha, I appreciate that. I have been in contact with the unit for 7 months and they have been at it. It's quite the administrative nightmare. Hopefully things work out!

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 22:22:06 »
I sense this is a failure of Army recruiting. To wit: I had a young lady at my civi work who wanted to join the reserves. She was told by the Militia that it would take at least two years. I had her sworn into my unit in three months.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline RocketRichard

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 22:25:34 »
I sense this is a failure of Army recruiting. To wit: I had a young lady at my civi work who wanted to join the reserves. She was told by the Militia that it would take at least two years. I had her sworn into my unit in three months.
We've had folks sworn in here in 41 Brigade in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cwes

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 17:00:52 »

Lucky her. I am actually becoming quite frustrated. The Supp Res is supposed to be easy return entrance but it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The Supp Res personnel won't even respond to my emails despite the fact that I have told them that recruiters have told me they don't know what to do, even while in contact with the Supp Res. Especially being a student, the military has effectively screwed me around after my release.

Offline bigzoomie

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 00:08:26 »
Was RegF for 22.5 yrs then Supp Res for almost 4 yrs. Applied for a Class A PRes position in Feb 15, signed the paperwork in Jul 15. The multi-step "initial applicant - pilot" medical slowed things down (out more than 2 yrs so needed a newbie off the street med despite having 22+ yrs previous time as a pilot).

Bottom line in my case: having skilled, interested people handling my file made all the difference. Can't say enough good things about the 1 CAD ARAF OR...they were/are a great bunch and must've worked some magic to get me back in as quickly as they did. Hopefully you can get your situation unbuggered by talking to the right folks.
Got Iltis?