Author Topic: Canadian Airshows - Dates/Pictures/News  (Read 9832 times)

Offline Roger123

• Rate Post
Re: Canadian Airshows - Dates/Pictures/News
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 17:23:33 »
At ACS they gave a calendar of the QIAS featuring all the performers of 2016 as part of the welcome package. In the back of my mind I mentally said I was going to attend in June, in hopes of seeing a Raptor. At the end May I realized that there would be no show in 2017 and that they were planning to host it every other year. :(

Anyway, looking at the photos on this forum I wonder how USAF pilots get trained on the F22. I mean I don't recall there being a 2 seat Raptor. Do they go from jet trainer (USAF equivalent of the hawk) to something like F18 and then Raptor?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 17:58:36 by Roger123 »

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 10:31:08 »
At ACS they gave a calendar of the QIAS featuring all the performers of 2016 as part of the welcome package. In the back of my mind I mentally said I was going to attend in June, in hopes of seeing a Raptor. At the end May I realized that there would be no show in 2017 and that they were planning to host it every other year. :(

Anyway, looking at the photos on this forum I wonder how USAF pilots get trained on the F22. I mean I don't recall there being a 2 seat Raptor. Do they go from jet trainer (USAF equivalent of the hawk) to something like F18 and then Raptor?

T-6 to T-38 to FSim to F-22.  See Euro-NATO's Joint (USAF-NATO) Jet Pilot Training.

T-38 Talon's can be unforgiving, so they make excellent 'physical' training aircraft.  The FSim will be where a potential Raptor pilot will learn to fight the "data/info/knowledge kill-chain." 

Regards
G2G

Offline Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 15:16:19 »
Thanks for the link G2G.