Author Topic: Mali Refgees to Canada? (From: The Canadian Peacekeeping Myth thread)  (Read 1780 times)

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
It'll be interesting to see what Trudeau's MaliMuslim Refugee program will  be like and if it supercedes his Syrian one because that one is out of photo ops.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
It'll be interesting to see what Trudeau's MaliMuslim Refugee program will  be like and if it supercedes his Syrian one because that one is out of photo ops.

I thought I read something about trying to get the Yazidis from Iraq here and that there are teams on the ground currently. Then again I remember it being a more Conservatibe party idea but still plenty of photo op opportunity if they manage to get them here.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
I thought I read something about trying to get the Yazidis from Iraq here and that there are teams on the ground currently. Then again I remember it being a more Conservatibe party idea but still plenty of photo op opportunity if they manage to get them here.
Some work being done (mostly by groups, as far as I can see quickly, not gov't yet).  As for Team Blue, they had their chance ...
... Yazidis were never highlighted specifically by the Conservatives as a group that should be prioritized for resettlement, even with their targeted approach to resettlement ...
... so we'll see if Team Red does any better.
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
The Yazidis don't fit neatly into any of the "identity" categories that modern "Progressives" have constructed, so they will be overlooked. It is also questionable if the Yazidis would be reliable Liberal Party voters (don't forget the reaction of Yazidi women to being enslaved by ISIS was to form an all woman battalion to go into battle and seek revenge. Look up the "Sun Women" [a rather poor translation of the group]).

I also notice that Christians from the region are getting short shift even though they are the targets of persecution from virtually all the other governments and groups in the region.
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post

I also notice that Christians from the region are getting short shift even though they are the targets of persecution from virtually all the other governments and groups in the region.

Shh, Christians don't deserve support from "Progressives" because, you know.........they're just Christians.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:01:24 by FSTO »

Online Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
Shh, Christians don't deserve support from "Progressive" because, you know.........they're just Christians.

They're not JUST Christians.  They're nasty.  They must be.  They have so much and have been so successful. QED.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
The Yazidis don't fit neatly into any of the "identity" categories that modern "Progressives" have constructed,

Oh?  And which categories might those be?

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
Not Muslim and don't fit into a nicely defined category. They are also very traditionalist, they are not exactly liberal minded and even under normal conditions they would struggle to fit in here.

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Not Muslim and don't fit into a nicely defined category. They are also very traditionalist, they are not exactly liberal minded and even under normal conditions they would struggle to fit in here.

Muslim isn't really a very nicely defined category either.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
Simple only Muslim if a Whabbist Sunni, the rest are infidels or apostates